Gambling

By Snerded, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

One of my players (a Storm Warden) expressed interest in the gamble skill. If this was any other 40k system, that answer is easy....but we are playing Space Marines.

What would they wager? Why do they need money? When would they have the time to gamble? Who would dare call in a debt on one of the Emperor's Angels??!

The closest we came was trying to get more requisition but that feels more like a fellowship test.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts or prior experience people have had using gamble in the Deathwatch system.

9 hours ago, Snerded said:

What would they wager? Why do they need money? When would they have the time to gamble? Who would dare call in a debt on one of the Emperor's Angels??!

It isn't necessary to play for money or debts, you can play for fun, for memory and calculation skill training, for the development of strategic thinking etc, and according to Codex they can have 15 minutes of free time every day, so your player's PC can play some strategic-oriented games (regicide, for example) and be glad to be the best of Kill-Team in this.

Edited by Jargal

In some novels a space marine was willing to play 'regicide' to pass time during a warp trip. so I guess they could play cards. just buy it like another skill.