Tell me about this game (On the fence)

By Alexca1, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

I've seen the demos and I've seen the rules online. For those of you that play/have this game, what can you tell someone like me to help me decide to get and play this game.

I wish it was more than a 2 player game. Is there a 3-4 player variant?

Game is awesome, fast and fun.

No multiplayer rules yet, they should be on the way, most figure around the time of the large expansion that adds both Elven races.

It's a straight up good game out of the box. Everyone I have played the game with has liked it and several have bought their own copies.

There are no formal multiplayer rules yet but a friend of mine said he had fun the other night playing a homebrew "2-headed Giant" 2v2 format a la the Magic format.

improvising multiplayer works fine (although some CMDs (cards of mass destruction) will get even more effective). i've played some dice attack free-for-alls (you have to throw a dice to determine whom you're allowed to attack, effects can be played on anyone) with 3 and 4 players and it turned out to be fairly balanced. some cards even explicitly state, that their effects work on "every opponent", for example.

if you get just one core set, you will already have enough cards and playable decks to play multiplayer with 4 players. it just required two afternoons with 4 friends and one core-set to get us all hooked. now we all own several coresets and three of each battlepack.

In my recent article, written as an entry point for people to learn more about the game, on Eye of the Vortex , I did go into a little detail about the overall properties of each faction. I'd recommend at least checking that part out (heck, read the whole thing, it's all good :D ) and seeing if any of the factions appeal to you. That might help you decide. You can find the article here .

This sounds kind of mean but honestly, it's up to you. It's no one's job to try and "convince you" to buy a clearly excellent game. If you have to be convinced by strangers in how to spend your money and/or whether or not a game is of high quality, you probably won't feel confident in any purchase you might make that was influenced in this fashion.

Best to come to your own conclusions. Sorry but I can't help you here. Good luck.