TKundNobody's Waiqar

By tkundnobody, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Hey Guys,

my first unit is completely painted. The basing is missing. I'm not sure how to base them yet. But what I know is, I need more bits :D So they will get the basing later. What I recognize on the picture on the screen is, I washed the first tray which i finished (front left) the other I didn't. So I will have to Wash them too. The ice blue markers for firing arc came later so you will see color differences around that area on the first tray. Also the mat spray and some blood is missing which will be the last doing. My Waiqar will get an icy theme like my Necrons before.

I apologize for the suboptimal picture. I will do later better pictures in my photo cube, when the whole work is done.

All Waiqar Pictures on my Google Photos.

My first Reanimates

awbMA7qPVf0omM0r_dOlvB2H_3xZot0wzvd3tx0K

Now the first Archers are ready:

OukJCn5krxv7KBIw96a9wpnJ0Z_H-fEDa6LCY3Vq

The first Carrion Lancer:

kRCVnim9xrZ3P2v8mCTu48RkrwExEjZfKdrGLVOr

Ardus finishes my Waiqar Core:

HugH4ANKtEnLxgiOxMrwDkJW3mnUQj-BEuVwZFkp

Edited by tkundnobody

Good job, they look pretty good!

Now after basing, matt lack, vanish and blood. The first 16 Reanimates are ready:

reanimates2.JPG

These guys are magnetised. That's why they are a bit higher than the tray. The tray is just easy based because they are better for transport this way. stones, skulls or other could gone lost at those.

those guys look good man. Really nice bone effect. Blood on the swords looks rad.

I'd avoid, in the future, the droplets of red blood on the heads of the troops. doesn't look natural IMO.

I'd be very happy to face a nicely painted army like this on the field.

Cheers!

Very well done! Top quality!

7 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

I'd avoid, in the future, the droplets of red blood on the heads of the troops. doesn't look natural IMO.

I thought about correct it, but imo it doesn't look that bad. Maybe it dropped down from the weapon after killing those Daqan.

(I mean if I don't like it i can always change it :) )

and thanks that you like it.

So my Waiqar Core is almost painted. The Archers are now ready. You may notice the change in base color, this is due to the lack of basing spray in rhinox hide. so i switched to the darkes brown army painter offers as spray. easier to get the trays colored. And this is my first try of bowstrings.

ReanimateArchers.JPG

great job mate!

On 7/20/2017 at 3:04 PM, Blutsteigen said:

I disagree. That is the part that stood out the most to me. It set up a wonderful illusion where I could almost see the blood dripping off of the swords. Very creative!

Happy to show you that my Waiqar Core is finally finished:

The first Carrion Lancer:

kRCVnim9xrZ3P2v8mCTu48RkrwExEjZfKdrGLVOr

Ardus finishes my Waiqar Core:

HugH4ANKtEnLxgiOxMrwDkJW3mnUQj-BEuVwZFkp

I overdid it with the snow on Ardus Base. But so I can say he brings the storm :D or I just paint the Base of the second Ardus ^^