Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Chosen by the Taint

Role, Shadowlands, Spider Clan

Reduce your starting honor by half, and raise your opponents starting honor by 1.

You may include Maho, and Shadowlands cards from any clan as though they were your own.

Inheritance of Nobility

0 cost Lion Event.

Interrupt: When an honored character you control would leave play, you may take that character's status token and attach it to another eligible character you control. Gain 1 honor.

Cavalry Strategist

4 cost Unicorn character

4 Mil / 2 Pol / 2 Glory

Bushi. Cavalry. Commander.

Forced Reaction: While this character is unbowed and participating in a conflict and a player passes- that player may not play cards or actions until the end of the conflict.

Edited by AradonTemplar
1 hour ago, AradonTemplar said:

Cavalry Strategist

4 cost Unicorn character

Forced Reaction: While this character is unbowed and participating in a conflict and a player passes- that player may not play cards or actions until the end of the conflict.

I like, but I think it would improve a lot if it had stats ?

Hey! I edited those in literally 5 seconds after I posted! Attempt number 2 XD

Not married to those numbers, because I'm frankly not sure of its power. I could see it at 3 political if the ability is a bit weak. I could also see it being lower stats with the ability not restricted to 'unbowed,' allowing you to use it in every conflict you can move it into, but that did feel a little uncomfortably strong. But I like the idea of being able to lock your opponent in to their committed skill strength, and then moving in or out as needed without risk.

Edited by AradonTemplar
26 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

I like, but I think it would improve a lot if it had stats ?

But then it wouldn't be a true Unicorn card!

3 hours ago, AradonTemplar said:

Cavalry Strategist

4 cost Unicorn character

4 Mil / 2 Pol / 2 Glory

That is a pretty powerful ability. Might need an additional cost like bowing or pay fate.

spinning heel kick

0 cost Dragon event

Air Kihō

Action: Target your friendly participating Monk character - ready that character. You may take an additional action.

Wrath of the Kitsu

1 cost Lion Event

Switch all claimed rings to their Military side.

Bayushi Goshiu *

2 cost Scorpion Dynasty character

0/1

Glory 1

Courtier Diplomat

Interrupt: When you would lose 1 or more honor from a card effect , bow Goshiu - your opponent loses the honor instead.

"It would be unwise to mention such crimes in court, when I could speak equally of your own with an even greater eloquence."

Does anyone have neutral event template? I really need one and i've been looking for hours.

3 hours ago, jgibbo90 said:

Wrath of the Kitsu

1 cost Lion Event

Switch all claimed rings to their Military side.

oooh, I would LOVE to see cards like this. Feels more like a Phoenix card, for its ring manipulation jank, but I still ove it.

Void Tattoo

1 cost Dragon attachment

+0/+0

Tattoo

Monk character only

Attached character gains Tattooed

Interrupt: When you would place Fate on an unclaimed Ring with a card effect, place it on attached character instead.

"I encompass all and yet nothing"

Shinjo Skirmisher.

Unicorn Dynasty Character.

Bushi. Cavalry. Scout.

Cost: 1. Military: 1. Political: 1. Glory: 0.

Reaction: After you play this character from one of your provinces - you can play another character from one of your provinces.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, BayushiFugu said:

Void Tattoo

1 cost Dragon attachment

+0/+0

Tattoo

Monk character only

Attached character gains Tattooed

Interrupt: When you would place Fate on an unclaimed Ring with a card effect, place it on attached character instead.

"I encompass all and yet nothing"

If it is a tattoo of the void, is it actually a tattoo? Are we not all tattooed with void, until we are tattooed with something else?

19 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Shinjo Skirmisher.

Unicorn Dynasty Character.

Bushi. Cavalry. Scout.

Cost: 1. Military: 1. Political: 1. Glory: 0.

Reaction: After you play this character from one of your provinces - you can play another character from one of your provinces.

I'm sorry, that's too many useful traits for a Unicorn character.

40 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

I'm sorry, that's too many useful traits for a Unicorn character.

Exactly the same traits that Shinjo Scout has ?

Mantra of Air

0 Cost Dragon Event

Kihō Air

Reaction: After an opponent declares an Air conflict, choose a Monk character or a character with a Monk attachment – Honor that character and it cannot be dishonored this conflict. Draw 1 card.

Sepuku

0 cost neutral event

Reaction: After a character you control has been dishonored, sacrifice that character - Gain 2 honor.

Edited by Hellvlad
Templating
1 hour ago, Hellvlad said:

Sepuku

0 cost neutral event

Reaction: After a character you control has been dishonored, sacrifice that character: Gain 2 honor.

For templating you should really make the Sacrifice a cost by adding a dash between that and Gain 2 honor. Otherwise you could technically cancel the sacrifice and still gain the honor.

edited!

19 hours ago, Hellvlad said:

Sepuku

0 cost neutral event

Reaction: After a character you control has been dishonored, sacrifice that character - Gain 2 honor.

You’re still gonna lose the 1 honor for the DH character leaving play, so this card just gets you a net 1 honor.

I’d do it “gain 3 honor” or better, discard the status token as part of the cost. That way, even if it’s cancelled, you still don’t lose the 1 honor.

Edited by Tabris2k

You gain 1 honor instead of potentially loosing one. A dishonor token does non make you loose honor automatically but it will often happen especially on a charter with no fate. The idea here was to help fight some dishonor focused tactics without turning this into a poweful honor gaining engine. Gaining 3 net honor out of it could be problematic with cards like assassination that would get way easier to pull out as it will compensate the price of it. As a scorpion is really easy to dishonor even one of your own characters. Being able to take 3 honor out of that would mean being able to pull an assassination out of nowhere, even if you have only 1 or 2 honor left. Getting 2 honor BUT not preventing the dishonor, allows nice combinations like Forged edict - Sepuku allowing you to cancel an event and get away with 1 honor for the price of sacrificing the character that would most certainly leave the game dishonored else ( and most of the time during the same turn). As the dishonor token is not removed, the cost for the forged edict is still paid and the combination works.

Gaijin Tactics

1 cost Unicorn Event

During a conflict in which you are the attacking player, choose a participating Scout character you control. Move that character home. You may honor that character or dishonor a character still participating in the conflict.

"It's called a feint."

Edited by jgibbo90
3 minutes ago, jgibbo90 said:

Gaijin Tactics

1 cost Unicorn Event

During a conflict, choose a participating Scout character you control. Move that character home. You may honor that character or dishonor a character still participating in the conflict.

"It's called a feint."

Why the honor/dishonor as that seems a little extreme.