Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

2 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Well, to be fair, I prefer the old version.

I mean, +2 MIL and Sincerity in an attachment is very , very good ?

Yeah, mine was just for fun.

"He has a kitty, how could he be dishonorable!"

"You lost the kitty? Dishonor, for shame!" ?

The lion Stronghold I wish FFG made :

https://imgur.com/qZ7HDDa

Edited by thorrk
6 hours ago, thorrk said:

The lion Stronghold I wish FFG made :

https://imgur.com/hoysrrj

Nice. The Scorpion one I wish they made:

Gardens of the Bayushi

+2 Str

10/7/10

Action: During a conflict, bow one your friendly participating Courtier characters and target an opposing participating character - Dishonor the opposing character.

Bayushi Kachiko

5 cost

2/6

glory 2

Courtier Seductress

Kachiko does not need to bow to pay for actions during a Political conflict.

Action: During a Pol conflict, target an opposing participating character with lower Pol skill - Dishonor that character.

Togashi Mitsu *

5 cost

4/4

Glory 2

Monk Tattooed

No attachments except for tattoos and monk attachments

Action: When this character is participating in a conflict, remove a Fate from an unclaimed Ring - give an opposing participating character -1/-1. If either stat is now zero or less, discard that character.

(Unlimited)

Edited by BayushiFugu

Rumourmonger (Scorpion Clan)

2 cost

-/3

Glory 0

Courtier

Action: If you have fewer cards than an opponent - draw a card.

Edited by BayushiFugu

Guys what software are you using to make these cards

Dark Divination

1 cost Neutral attachment

+0/+0

Spell Mahō Black Scroll

Can only attach to a Shugenja character

Action: Dishonor attached Character and lose 2 Honor - Look at the top 3 cards of your conflict deck. Put one in your hand and the rest on top in any order.

57 minutes ago, hida-terrai said:

Guys what software are you using to make these cards

Gimp :)

A link will do not a smartarse comment ?

What's smartarse about telling you the name of the program? He's just answering your question?

ADD: But since you asked so nicely, here's a link: https://bit.ly/2IbGoTG

Edited by Kaito Kikaze

That's pretty steep to grab one card. Maybe have the dishonor and honor loss be when it becomes attached, so that you pay the price once, and then can search as long as you keep the character around?

1 hour ago, hida-terrai said:

A link will do not a smartarse comment ?

Kids those days .... you have to tell them everything, I thought it was obvious but you also need:

-A goat

-Virgin Blood

-The complete discography of Burzum

-An awkward friend to old the skull of your grand father who died during WW 2

And you should be good to go ;)

1 hour ago, AradonTemplar said:

That's pretty steep to grab one card. Maybe have the dishonor and honor loss be when it becomes attached, so that you pay the price once, and then can search as long as you keep the character around?

Yes but using Maho has a steep price

Iron Citadel

Spell Mahō Black Scroll

Can only attach to a shugenja

Action: While this character is participating in a conflict, dishonor it and lose 2 honor - Give a province +x strength where X is equal to the combined skills of the attached character.

Edited by BayushiFugu
18 hours ago, thorrk said:

Kids those days .... you have to tell them everything, I thought it was obvious but you also need:

-A goat

-Virgin Blood

-The complete discography of Burzum

-An awkward friend to old the skull of your grand father who died during WW 2

And you should be good to go ;)

I'm probably older than you. ?

Just curious as to the software being used.

Would like to post some cards on here aswell.

Ok looked up gimp. Haha.

Edited by hida-terrai

Shapeshifting

+0/+0

Spell Mahō Black Scroll

Action: Dishonor attached Character and lose 2 Honor - Target a character in play. Until the end of the phase, switch that character's Mil and Pol skill. You may target a character with "-" in their stat.

Yogo Junzo

5 cost Neutral Dynasty Character

2/4

Glory 0

Shugenja Shadowlands Bloodspeaker

Attaches Black Scrolls for 1 less. Yogo Junzo does not need to Dishonor to activate actions on Black Scrolls.

Action: Reveal the top 4 cards of your conflict deck - Put all Black Scroll cards in your hand. Discard the rest.

"Such forbidden knowledge. Such Power!"

21 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Iron Citadel

Spell Mahō Black Scroll

Action: While this character is participating in a conflict, dishonor it and lose 2 honor - Give a province +x strength where X is equal to the combined skills of the attached character.

No,

Iron Citadel would be a holding, or possibly even a Province card, I feel. The fact that you can put all sorts of different traits on whatever card you feel like adds some interesting design space.

Iron Citadel

8 Strength Earth Province

Spell. Maho. Black Scroll.

This cannot be a Stronghold Province.

Forced Reaction : When this province is revealed, Lose 2 Honour.

2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

No,

Iron Citadel would be a holding, or possibly even a Province card, I feel. The fact that you can put all sorts of different traits on whatever card you feel like adds some interesting design space.

Iron Citadel

8 Strength Earth Province

Spell. Maho. Black Scroll.

This cannot be a Stronghold Province.

Forced Reaction : When this province is revealed, Lose 2 Honour.

First off, No is not a response to a fan made card. I can design whatever I want to. Secondly, it is a spell that creates a citadel hence increasing the province. It was an attachment in old L5R , I am making it one in this forum. Get over it! If you don't like my idea, make your own as you did. You don't get to decide what type of card it is.

Edited by BayushiFugu
13 minutes ago, BayushiFugu said:

First off, No is not a response to a fan made card. I can design whatever I want to. Secondly, it is a spell that creates a citadel hence increasing the province. It was an attachment in old L5R , I am making it one in this forum. Get over it! If you don't like my idea, make your own as you did. You don't get to decide what type of card it is.

Sorry, I did not mean to come across as dismissive. That was meant to be more of a contemplative "no".

I think you may be missing a trick by adhering quite so strictly to the format of the original Black Scrolls but then, as you say, we each get to design our own here.

Unusual Proceedings ( Neutral Event)

0 Fate

Interrupt: During a duel, when players would select bids on their honor dials - each player now secretly selects their opponent's bid instead.

Oni no Tamashī

4 cost Neutral Dynasty Character

1/1

Glory 0

Oni Shadowlands Creature

When this character enters play put 2 Fate on it from the Fate Pool. Oni no Tamashī has +1/+1 for each fate on it.

Reaction: After an opponent's character leaves play during the Conflict Phase - Place a Fate on Oni no Tamashī. (Unlimited)

Not This Day!

Type: Event

Cost: 3

Clan: Unicorn

Spell. Earth.

Action: During a conflict, sacrifice a friendly Unicorn Clan character- Remove X fate from opposing characters, where X is equal to the sacrificed character's military skill.

He looked at me. His eyes were as flat and bright as the Void. "I am ready," he said.

Influence: 3

(Just got inspired by a flip through the old "Way of the Unicorn". Thought maybe should tie a dishonor cost into this one as well- but thought the 3 cost was high enough.)

6 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

Not This Day!

Type: Event

Cost: 3

Clan: Unicorn

Spell. Earth.

Action: During a conflict, sacrifice a friendly Unicorn Clan character- Remove X fate from opposing characters, where X is equal to the sacrificed character's military skill.

He looked at me. His eyes were as flat and bright as the Void. "I am ready," he said.

Influence: 3

(Just got inspired by a flip through the old "Way of the Unicorn". Thought maybe should tie a dishonor cost into this one as well- but thought the 3 cost was high enough.)

This card put to shame Consumed By Five Fires and Mono No Aware. Too much.