Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

The trade-off for Yurt is you also give your opponent 2 Honor as well as losing a dynasty slot for the turn.

If your objective is to win by honor how do you care your opponent honor, and no read the card you don't loose a slot for the turn :).

9 minutes ago, thorrk said:

If your objective is to win by honor how do you care your opponent honor, and no read the card you don't loose a slot for the turn :).

Oh **** I completely forgot you refill faceup. Either way, doing it as a dynasty action isn't great because you can lose your opportunity to pass.

All I can say is that FFG has been actively trying to avoid big Honor gains. It's mostly 1 or 2 at a time unless it's something that interacts with your opponent like Way of the Chrysanthemum.

Being able to gain up to 5 Honor for 1 fate, especially in Lion, would be absurdly good. Air Ring + Toturi + that card = 9 honor on one swing. They are trying to not have things like that.

Honor apparently wasn't even supposed to be a win condition in the early playtesting stages of the new game.

Edited by Danwarr
33 minutes ago, Danwarr said:

Oh **** I completely forgot you refill faceup. Either way, doing it as a dynasty action isn't great because you can lose your opportunity to pass.

All I can say is that FFG has been actively trying to avoid big Honor gains. It's mostly 1 or 2 at a time unless it's something that interacts with your opponent like Way of the Chrysanthemum.

Being able to gain up to 5 Honor for 1 fate, especially in Lion, would be absurdly good. Air Ring + Toturi + that card = 9 honor on one swing. They are trying to not have things like that.

Honor apparently wasn't even supposed to be a win condition in the early playtesting stages of the new game.

And if the right pieces are in your opening hand (Totrui, Way of the Lion and this card, which is not impossible with aggressive mulliganing) you can bid 1 turn 1 and have a potential first turn win.

And if the right pieces are in your opening hand (Totrui, Way of the Lion and this card, which is not impossible with aggressive mulliganing) you can bid 1 turn 1 and have a potential first turn win.

Well it's not how it works in real life, you can't bid 1 against a 5 and expect to win your conflict after that EZ PZ. At least your opponent will have a lot of ways to interact with that making this ridiculously easy to counter (unlike to Chrysanthemum +yurt+rebuild which can win you the game without your opponent being able to do anything about it).

Edited by thorrk

Okay, it's been awhile but I figured I'd contribute something here. I've been pondering over how we might give honor decks a little love without making them too solitaire. Here's a curious bit of honor tech I came up with so far.

YyDCHnK.jpg

I think you can remove courtesy and the card is perfect.

What font did you use for the numbers?

Edited by thorrk
12 minutes ago, thorrk said:

I think you can remove courtesy and the card is perfect.

What font did you use for the numbers?

It's called "WC Mano Negra Bta". Got the name from a pinned post over on the L5R Discord.

How about changing Sincerity for other Keyword?

“Justice (when this character leaves play, gain 1 honor)”

That way, you still have some honor gain even if he’s discarded before or during conflicts, or if you haven’t claimed any rings this round.

7 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

How about changing Sincerity for other Keyword?

“Justice (when this character leaves play, gain 1 honor)”

That way, you still have some honor gain even if he’s discarded before or during conflicts, or if you haven’t claimed any rings this round.

If you read my ideas for clan packs, you will see I used Honesty (the tenant) to mean gain 1 honor when a character leaves play.

2 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

If you read my ideas for clan packs, you will see I used Honesty (the tenant) to mean gain 1 honor when a character leaves play.

I created a threat a while back talking about this, I think it was last year. There were pretty cool ideas there.

4 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

1 hour ago, Tabris2k said:

I created a threat a while back talking about this, I think it was last year. There were pretty cool ideas there.

I'm only sometimes quite as persnickety about spelling, but these two right after one another triggered my pedantry subroutine.

Bushido has a number of tenets. A tenant is the person paying rent for your spare bedroom, and a Tennant is 10th Doctor.

Now, while I believe @Tabris2k could create a threat, I'm pretty sure you meant a thread in this case.

I'll get me coat...

56 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Now, while I believe @Tabris2k could create a threat, I'm pretty sure you meant a thread in this case.

I'll get me coat...

I blame either the autocorrect or that English is not my native language. Probably both.

Also, I’m playing a lot of Crab lately, so I’m sure that has something to do with my spelling mistakes. And my tendency to crack with a tetsubo the head of those that keep pointing to said mistakes. ?

1 hour ago, Tabris2k said:

And my tendency to crack with a tetsubo the head of those that keep pointing to said mistakes. ?

But do you tend to use a Jade Tetsubo, or a Wicked Tetsubo? ;)

And another one, made on request. Yes, it's definitely on a high power curve. Trying to fill the gaping chasm that is meh Phoenix 3 costers.

xPV52aY.jpg

Too good as it is. Should be 1/3.

Geisha Informant

2 cost Scorpion Conflict Character

1/3

glory 1

Courtier Shinobi

When this card enters play, your opponent targets a friendly character he controls - dishonor that character

1 hour ago, BayushiFugu said:

Geisha Informant

2 cost Scorpion Conflict Character

1/3

glory 1

Courtier Shinobi

When this card enters play, your opponent targets a friendly character he controls - dishonor that character

Has the two most relevants traits for Scorpion? Check

Has good stats for price? Check

Is conflict? Check

Has a good ability that plays to Scorpion strength? Check

Too OP? Check

Edited by Tabris2k

Here's a question; has anyone done any cards that reward you for taking them in another Clan?

Like a Crane card that rewards you for playing it in Scorpion?

Careless Gossip.
2 Cost Crane Conflict Character.
0/2.
Glory 1.
When Careless Gossip enter play, target characters Political Skill is lowered by 1. If your Clan is Scorpion, the character is dishonored instead.

8 hours ago, Mangod said:

Here's a question; has anyone done any cards that reward you for taking them in another Clan?

Like a Crane card that rewards you for playing it in Scorpion?

Careless Gossip.
2 Cost Crane Conflict Character.
0/2.
Glory 1.
When Careless Gossip enter play, target characters Political Skill is lowered by 1. If your Clan is Scorpion, the character is dishonored instead.

Not aware of anything like this, no. Definitely a very interesting concept.

The cuteness is real.

Ubkhngz.jpg

@Kaito Kikaze was this art from a card in Old5R? I'm not familiar with it.

5 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

@Kaito Kikaze was this art from a card in Old5R? I'm not familiar with it.

It may have been, not sure myself. I just happened across it while googling images for inspiration, and knew I had to use it somehow. ?

11 minutes ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

It may have been, not sure myself. I just happened across it while googling images for inspiration, and knew I had to use it somehow. ?

It actually is. From a card called exactly the same as yours. I thought you just remade the card for new5R

jpeg

Aha! Makes sense, I used the title the art was given on Google.

2 hours ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

Aha! Makes sense, I used the title the art was given on Google.

Well, to be fair, I prefer the old version.

I mean, +2 MIL and Sincerity in an attachment is very , very good ?