So, is this not the game for me?

By CubsFanSean23, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

2 minutes ago, KelRiever said:

I'm noticing the people who paint for this game nearly universally play the undead army.

Maybe they are just closer to finished. :)

I'm almost done with my first box. I'm hoping to put my undead pics up soon. I split it with my son, who will play Daqan. Dang the spearmen alone are a lot harder to paint.

Oh and to answer your question @CubsFanSean23 , just priming the Minis in a color, and applying a wash will make them look 100% better in my opinion. I don't think that should be a barrier for entry into the game.

The minis have very exagerrated features, and if you hit them, they look good with minimal effort, so why not give it a go?

Army Painter has excellent colored spray. Hit them with black first, then a color of your choice. Leave it at one color (bone for undead, blue for humans, etc.)

If feeling adventurous, you can learn how to do the bases to contrast. nicely

I've seen people playing this way and having a great time. you can too.

On 7/12/2017 at 1:32 PM, Blutsteigen said:

Army Painter has excellent colored spray. Hit them with black first, then a color of your choice. Leave it at one color (bone for undead, blue for humans, etc.)

If feeling adventurous, you can learn how to do the bases to contrast. nicely

I've seen people playing this way and having a great time. you can too.

I wouldn't even primer them black first, the army painter primers have never done me wrong as the first coat and until meddling with an air brush the 4 step (don't forget the anti-shine) army painter method works great especially as an entry level painting method, I think my waiqar were hit with 5-6 colors? now i'm just sitting around looking for motivation to give them the final details...probably do that after I paint up 5 worms...

These minis are designed to look great when dipped! The bold deep details are perfect for the process.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:47 AM, Darthain said:

The minis have very exagerrated features, and if you hit them, they look good with minimal effort, so why not give it a go?

Yes, This above man. We all start somewhere -- have fun with it, no stress, and most importantly have fun with the game! It's a great one. I see unpainted and half painted armies fielded all the time due to life constraints and other factors. Doesn't make Rune Wars less enjoyable. You can do what you can do Cubsfan. Good luck!