Can u play this game more then several times?

By bikinilord, in Anima: The Card Game

Someone told me that Anima can't be played many times cause it starts to repeat.

Luckily the first expansion looks to be around the corner.

Well there are only 10 basic mission and 3 final missions. But doing them all does not take away from the game IMO. It is better when you know all the cards that way you can be more strategic.

I agree, it doesn't neccessarily mean its repetitive just because there aren't a thousand missions. You really can mix it up with the jillions of characters in the game, and also by playing with different people. Changing other dynamics like that mean it can keep interesting, even if you only play it on a fortnightly basis you'll still enjoy it.

I'd say the game has got pretty good replayability. I've played quite a few games now and there's still a good variation on things happening. However having said that I do really feel that the game could do with an expansion or two. The main focus I'd like to see is them expanding mission and event cards. A couple of new locations or characters would be nice but I'd like to see a lot more events (some good, some bad) as I feel that it would mix things up very nicely. The one thing we seem to go though with great regularity is the event deck and having a ton of new things in there would expand the game massively IMHO.

Kahadras

This was one of my worries about picking it up myself. Guess I should give it a shot then.

This game is ok for repetitive play. Expansions would make it even better.

I think this game will stay great no matter how many times I play it. Plus, the rules are imple enough that you could add your own variants no problem. Or, as I do with most games I play, make custom cards for it.

Well all games become "repetitive" but only for the people who lack the abillity or the will to do a little "power playing"...for me basicaly there is the first 10 games...discovering the game...and then there are the countless other sessions in which I already have strategies, waiting for specific cards, and outhinking first timers brutaly... thats where the game gets really good if you have a good gaming group.

Chess is repetitive, has only 32 pieces, but still is played over an over and has millions of variations. With a game like Anima, with 110 "pieces," there are probably billions of combinations. No two games will be the same.