Deepwood Archers: Weird Surge Icon?

By Elliphino, in Runewars Rules Questions

Hey all,

Did anyone else notice the weird looking surge icons on the surge ability for Deepwood Archers? Does anyone know what that's about? I thought it might just be a style thing for Latari, but the Leonix Riders have a regular looking surge.

... Or rather, Leonix Riders have both types of surge.

What am I missing? Did I stop reading one sentence too short again?

They are called "unique surges."

From the article:
"T he Leonx Riders' second ability highlights a new mechanic in the Latari Elves Army Expansion : unique surges. These can only be used once per combat, but offer a powerful effect in return; in this case, adding a mortal strike to a melee attack. "

It's not that I can't read. It's that I can't read for long enough. ADD is a capital B.

Thanks for the copy-paste, @Budgernaut ! Someday I'll repay you with a collection of all the little cotton pils I pull off my shirt while I should be focused on something else.

Just now, Elliphino said:

It's not that I can't read. It's that I can't read for long enough. ADD is a capital B.

Thanks for the copy-paste, @Budgernaut ! Someday I'll repay you with a collection of all the little cotton pils I pull off my shirt while I should be focused on something else.

Sorry, the copy/paste wasn't meant to be derogatory. I hope you didn't take it that way. That's just my way of citing my source so you know I didn't come up with it out of thin-air or speculation.

Oh no, I didn't take it as derogatory at all. I really appreciate those of you who can point out the things I somehow fail to notice. Without people like you, I'm not sure I could find my way out of the house some days. :D