2 Core Sets Painted in 2 Weeks: LOTS OF PICS!

By bumyong, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

pic3520204_lg.jpg

pic3520207_lg.jpg

pic3520199_lg.jpg

pic3520197_lg.jpg

pic3520202_lg.jpg

pic3520196_lg.jpg pic3520205_lg.jpg

Made a 2-part tutorial on how to crank out these minis quickly. Go to 23:40 of the first video to see how I magnetized the bases (credit goes to Tvayumat for the idea).

Lovely clean paint jobs all round! Really nice!

Great job! I especially like the nail trick for magnetizing.

I love the black and gold scheme for Daqans. Good idea.

Killer for the amount done in two weeks dude. That's freakin epic.

Do you have a job?? I mean besides building tables and speed painting armies. Lol. Good job keep up all good stuff you're doing!!!

Clean, apparently very rapid work, nicely done.

Love your Daqan!

Wow. There is something about the skeletons' eyes. It's almost like their eyes are taped open, as if they want to close them in peaceful somber, but they're cursed to 'live' a life of war and revenge for eternity, longing for the sweet release of true death. And then they take the rage that builds from being deprived of such a treasure, and lay waste to their foes! It's unsettling and inspiring at the same time.

I can't put my finger on how your glow effect looks different from others I've seen, but it definitely stands out. Excellent work!

These look great! Just curious why you picked so many diff cloth colors for your Waiqar? Was it thematic or for fun?

Great table top quality, well done and thanks for the videos! if I can offer one criticism.. take it our leave it, but your hands/fingers are very obtrusive in the video and make it hard to follow along. Mounting he figures on something like a cork or as I use, a gatorade bottle lid, would help that a lot. Again, just offering feedback, but thanks again for posting.

47 minutes ago, VernonBroche said:

These look great! Just curious why you picked so many diff cloth colors for your Waiqar? Was it thematic or for fun?

It was thematic in the sense that the Waiqar were creating their undead army from various factions but like I said in the video, in retrospect, I wish I would have just picked one color and a bright one at that. The Waiqar army looks very muted compared to the high contrast Daqan.

30 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Great table top quality, well done and thanks for the videos! if I can offer one criticism.. take it our leave it, but your hands/fingers are very obtrusive in the video and make it hard to follow along. Mounting he figures on something like a cork or as I use, a gatorade bottle lid, would help that a lot. Again, just offering feedback, but thanks again for posting.

Ha ha! My kids tell me that I'm the worst texter in the world because I have fat fingers and hit multiple buttons on my phone!

I'll try and remember to use a cork for minis in future tutorials, thanks for the feedback.