Availability of the Lore Book

By Arek_Qor, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Hi !

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start to play Rune Wars Miniatures with the upcoming Latari Elves then Uthuk Yllan.

Though, I'm a player who is usually very interested in the background of the games I play. So I'm a bit concerned by the availability of the Lore book outside of the Core box.

Since the Elves army box doesn't seems to include any books (no Rulebook, no reference book, no Lore Book...).

My question is : Are you gonna release the Lore Book in some form ? pdf at least ?

Anyone also interested here ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards,

Thank you very much Sir !

Also, for future reference, FFG has a policy that their employees don't respond through the forums. In the future, you'll probably want to phrase your questions as "Will they ..." rather than "Will you ...".

What is the reasoning behind not having rules/lore in the essentials box, are Rules and lore not essential? I guess a Latari or Uthuk player can get the rules online, but it would be a real solid to get them the rules in an essentials box.

I 100% agree. And why would FFG even make a lore guide if they're only saving it for people who buy the core set? Don't they want people to learn about the setting?

100% agree. I have no interest in supporting the core box, but every intention of picking up the Latari Elves & Essentials box, but am concerned with the current decision to not have anything lore wise available outside the core box.

Thanks, though, to @MysteriousRacerX for providing the files. This is a big help towards getting into this game.

perhaps there will be a lore book, or a version of it, in the Uthuk and Latari base expansions?

So, before this lore book, I thought that Terrinoth is really generic.. but reading this, I've come to believe that Terrinoth just needs more lore written for it. Demon worshippers, Waiqar, Dragon story lines are all nice and cool... but they're just too short in terms of quantity to really make it good, just yet. I hope they work further to expand the lore :/

I hope they hire some authors to write novels in the setting. When I'm painting other wargames, I love to read novels about the things I'm painting concurrently for inspiration.

1 hour ago, Wired4War said:

I hope they hire some authors to write novels in the setting. When I'm painting other wargames, I love to read novels about the things I'm painting concurrently for inspiration.

I agree. I just read the Wrath of Kings novel because I wanted to see how much reading a story like that gets someone invested in the game. It brought a lot of those models to life and made them seem a lot less random. It helped me understand each of the factions and their ideals and intentions much better. And it was a really entertaining read (though I'm not much of a literature snob and tend to enjoy most things that I read).

Still, it wasn't enough to get me wanting to invest in that game, so is it worth putting out literature like that? I don't know. But I do know I'd love some Runewars stories! I want more about Malaana and Ravos!

I don't know what FFG's policy on community created content is but I do know that Mantic (Ronnie in particular) has encouraged the players on his forums to just use the setting as inspiration for their own stories. He has in fact taken fan-created content from Mantic forums, and either posted them on his "Bard of Mantica" alias account or passed them on to their story team.

My point is, don't let your imagination be limited by what has been or will be created. There are dozens of Daqan lords, and 12 other Latari tribes, and their various sub-factions, waiting for you to detail. Honestly I'd recommend taking what has been released and just let your own imagination run wild with stories, unit characters (Kari Wraithstalker could be your own named hero but using her rules), banner and colour schemes. :)

Who knows what FFG might do with them and in the mean time we can inspire each other! :D