Terrain Cards - one set only?

By KrisWall, in Runewars Rules Questions

34 minutes ago, KrisWall said:

Sheesh. My point was that having a limited pool of terrain/obstacles doesn't mean that the game will feel repetitive.

Also, we currently know about 7 different terrain pieces, with one being repeated and all being double sided. Really, there are 14 different terrain pieces. That gives A LOT of different combinations. Given the extremely high number of variations combined with the 9 different deployment cards we know about and the fact that players will place terrain in different places every time... I don't think you'll ever see the exact same table layout.

Dont forget the 2 that will likely be in the uthuk box. That is 10 total pieces of terrain and 10 deployments with three pieces each.

4 hours ago, KrisWall said:

Nope... My comment stands. The rules to use announced but unreleased products are missing. We only know how to play games using the contents of the core set. We don't currently know how to play games using the contents of the Latari army box or the two hero expansions. Those rules are missing. I expect that the Rules Reference will be updated when the new products come out.

New mission selection/deployment selection/terrain selection rules are needed to tell us how to use the upcoming products in both casual and tournament settings.

Seeing as there aren't any rules right now for tournament play we don't even know how to handle the components that we do have.

I'm guessing that if it's some form of "each player contributes terrain of their choice to the pool, it'll be two each. Since deployment cards specify 3 terrain for a 200 point 6'x3' field, limiting to 4 terrain total ensures that neither player can dominate the terrain choice to the exclusion of their opponent's preferences.

Edited by kaffis
Autocorrect