Jukey's Graveyard...and Red Mountain Dunmer

By Jukey, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

14 hours ago, Jukey said:

It's actually just red with gold drybrushed over it. The gold gets a tarnished look from the Agrax earthshade.

The colour tone came out great, I rather like how it doesn't appear to be anywhere else, but is close to the socks/tail.

Latari army done for now!

gR6UgB8.jpg GqqwiZy.jpg Vuj5tl5.jpg

Made a piece of terrain. It's the elevated 6 tray piece. Made it from great stuff foam and craft sticks. The only problem is I forgot to size it to the original footprint so it doesn't fit the exact tile, but falls into FFGs basic terrain rulings for x size means x. Pretty happy for a first attempt though.

gDpGGr6.jpg

RG6Jhgg.jpg

More terrain, this one is the Latari wild root patch/thorn choked circle, and it actually fits the template this time!

LPPepdf.jpg LAF4Zw6.jpg nVtupGU.jpg

First of 32 darnati! I've waited so long to paint these guys!

EwEn4ND.jpg mqPc1SY.jpg wEHY4H3.jpg

Here's the darnati, done aside from eyes and basing. EzilVZG.jpg

kiSkxrL.jpg

Wraiths done, still need basing. These were a goofy airbrush experiment. 3ychGJL.jpg

5zD6COE.jpg

Lord V painted.

kK6TN1p.jpg

Vr9aGCE.jpg

xg6BtPB.jpg

iwqwVgN.jpg

8DKA8Dj.jpg

Cowtaur

PqzADvN.jpg JSCRs3W.jpg yEq40PP.jpg

That looks less ridiculous than I thought it would.

8 hours ago, Church14 said:

That looks less ridiculous than I thought it would.

Yeah. It has the effect of making you want to laugh, but then you see how deadly it looks and you think twice about the letting the laugh escape your lips.

I'm debating if I want to try to sculpt udders on a few of them. I'm terrible at working with putty though. Also the models are very Male in appearance.

I'll have to get better at sculpts soon though, as I want two cowtaurs looking like Yorkshires, which will need more fur sculpted on.

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Yeah. It has the effect of making you want to laugh, but then you see how deadly it looks and you think twice about the letting the laugh escape your lips.

Jukey said he would have one extra model to test paint schemes on as he’d never run his 6 tray without an embedded figure. I said make it full Holstein. Even just so I had a joke one to laugh at.

Now I’m thinking this is better by far than some reasonable brown painted deer/elk/moose-taur pallete.

8 cowtaurs makes a decent herd.

LRvjtwx.jpg

sRkJIBP.jpg

Holstein

dpxaS3h.jpg

Jersey

EvO8dQz.jpg

Galloway

FCsad8C.jpg

Gournsey

Jxr9GVZ.jpg

Highlander

GCz2Woo.jpg

Needs a few touch ups, shades, and details, but mostly done.

fPLCJdq.jpg

3FXzi9e.jpg

TvmBoMV.jpg

I love how glossy the mount looks! So good!

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I love how glossy the mount looks! So good!

I broke a rule of painting and used enamel for the skin. I am happy with the result, though I will never use enamel again.

2 hours ago, Jukey said:

I broke a rule of painting and used enamel for the skin. I am happy with the result, though I will never use enamel again.

I wondered. It reminded of the one custom mini I painted about a decade ago (it was a bouncer I sculpted, based off the Darth Bane books). Your model looks very nice.

Finally solved my basing problem. Could never get the figures to pop out before.

(Very bad lighting!)

yRmpEVV.jpg

903N9H3.jpg

Hj8qOVi.jpg

iZGEDbU.jpg

I love this! Very natural looking and the figures look great against it! Nice job :)

Your dunmer are really something else! I love them, even if i don't like dunmer very much (Argonia forever)

I had some fun with an airbrush and a scion while finishing up some other projects.

3uihjMH.jpg

4Jr7A7e.jpg

Swamp Scion

Like how you went for a custom look for the Latari that suggests an affinity to this particular army's home.