Obstacle questions

By II Raptor II, in Runewars Rules Questions

So played my first game with a friend rules are pretty clear so far. However here are some situations we couldnt find in the rules ourselves.

1. The spearmen made a charge move that collided with the enemy unit and a piece of terrain at the exact same time. I think this means you have to square up with the enemy unit as normal but still resolve any terrain effects that should happen and are not allowed to enter terrain ?

2. so when its not possible to move through your friendly unit(s) it simply becomes an obstacle that you collide with correct ? The stone golem collided with a friendly unit but its bonus action was a reform action is the bonus action when you collide with anything (enemy or friendly units) cancelled ? Example: stone golem reveals a march speed 2(blue) action with a reform moddifier (white) bonus action. The stone golem moves into a enemy unit (since it did not use a charge modifier it is assigned a panic token. Then after squaring up it performs its reform to turn 90 degrees. I know it doesnt make sense to use reform to turn your flank to your enemy but its just an example is it legal ?

3. A unit of oathsworn cavalry was touching the forest terrain template with its side edge after performing a shift but decided not to enter the terrain. Then my reanimates collided witht he forest and decided to enter the terrain. Are the units engaged now and are the reanimates flanking ?

4. Is there any way to move through terrain without colliding or entering like with allied units ? or does it really mean that when a unit collides with a piece of terrain with just the corner and decide not to enter. you probably have to use shift to get around the terrain otherwise you keep colliding ?

5. Erebus charged into a corner. we used the range ruler to decide if he charged the flank or the front like explained in the rulebook. a single unit always gets the template crossing over it meaning you can basically always choose to charge the flank even when it looks way more like a frontal attack ?

Sorry if there are alot of typo's

Thanks in advance

14 minutes ago, II Raptor II said:

1. The spearmen made a charge move that collided with the enemy unit and a piece of terrain at the exact same time. I think this means you have to square up with the enemy unit as normal but still resolve any terrain effects that should happen and are not allowed to enter terrain ?

Not sure about this one. I don't know how to treat simultaneous collisions. Are you sure they were simultaneous? Units in this game slide along the template, so which ever obstacle is contacted first halts the unit's movement.

15 minutes ago, II Raptor II said:

2. so when its not possible to move through your friendly unit(s) it simply becomes an obstacle that you collide with correct ? The stone golem collided with a friendly unit but its bonus action was a reform action is the bonus action when you collide with anything (enemy or friendly units) cancelled ? Example: stone golem reveals a march speed 2(blue) action with a reform moddifier (white) bonus action. The stone golem moves into a enemy unit (since it did not use a charge modifier it is assigned a panic token. Then after squaring up it performs its reform to turn 90 degrees. I know it doesnt make sense to use reform to turn your flank to your enemy but its just an example is it legal ?

You still perform your bonus action, even if you collide.

17 minutes ago, II Raptor II said:

3. A unit of oathsworn cavalry was touching the forest terrain template with its side edge after performing a shift but decided not to enter the terrain. Then my reanimates collided witht he forest and decided to enter the terrain. Are the units engaged now and are the reanimates flanking ?

Yes, it is flanked. Contact with occupied terrain is treated as touching the occupying unit's front edge. (81.8)

18 minutes ago, II Raptor II said:

4. Is there any way to move through terrain without colliding or entering like with allied units ? or does it really mean that when a unit collides with a piece of terrain with just the corner and decide not to enter. you probably have to use shift to get around the terrain otherwise you keep colliding ?

Correct. You cannot go through terrain. As soon as your tray overlaps an obstacle during movement, movement is halted and you slide the unit backward until it is touching, but not overlapping, the obstacle. (55.3)

20 minutes ago, II Raptor II said:

5. Erebus charged into a corner. we used the range ruler to decide if he charged the flank or the front like explained in the rulebook. a single unit always gets the template crossing over it meaning you can basically always choose to charge the flank even when it looks way more like a frontal attack ?

Seems accurate according to 77.2.

I know it seems almost impossible but yes what I said at question number 1 they collided at the exact same moment. Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions seems like we did good most of the time

6 hours ago, II Raptor II said:

I know it seems almost impossible but yes what I said at question number 1 they collided at the exact same moment. Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions seems like we did good most of the time

Simultaneous collision will be very rare but it will occur, most likely if units who have t moved from their deployment is charged.

I would say that if both players agree that the collision is simultaneous, the charger is forced to square up so it engages both units and if that isnt possible flip a coin to decide which unit it engages.