Side Missions - Means of Production

By VAYASAN, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Just played this mission as Imperial vs my wife.

She won the first 2 games of the campaign, I just won the last one....now I won Means of Production, so I have won the last 2.

I really hope it dosnt become a struggle for her to win, with Means of Production I was amazed when it said the mission is over in 5 turns...that seemed like a LOT of ground to cover and a lot of doors to break through (some with added health thanks to the automated defence system thing).

Is there something im missing or is MOP meant to be really hard for the rebel? I said to her I think its meant to be hard as I have spent points for the chance to win a card.

She got to the last door by the end of the 5th turn but only had chance for 1 attack on it (it had 9 health).....and imo she wasnt taking things slow.

I think the poll on BGG had this mission rated with a Rebel success rate over 50%, but I could be mistaken. When I played as Imperial the Rebels tore through it, but we did it a little later in the campaign (side mission 3 or 4 maybe). I think they able to finish at the end of round 4, with Gideon handing out moves to keep the mission pace high.

2 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

I think the poll on BGG had this mission rated with a Rebel success rate over 50%, but I could be mistaken. When I played as Imperial the Rebels tore through it, but we did it a little later in the campaign (side mission 3 or 4 maybe). I think they able to finish at the end of round 4, with Gideon handing out moves to keep the mission pace high.

Maybe its more of a struggle with only her and 2 character (Ghakaan and Mak) who I believe have no extra move mechanic.

1 hour ago, VAYASAN said:

Maybe its more of a struggle with only her and 2 character (Ghakaan and Mak) who I believe have no extra move mechanic.

Well Gharkaan's Charge essentially saves an action by moving then attacking, and Mak's Disengage should add a bit of mobility if purchased. But yeah, I would imagine that round 1 would involve opening and possibly first clearing the front door then take as many move actions as possible to go around door two. It's definitely possible, but not easy.

30 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Well Gharkaan's Charge essentially saves an action by moving then attacking, and Mak's Disengage should add a bit of mobility if purchased. But yeah, I would imagine that round 1 would involve opening and possibly first clearing the front door then take as many move actions as possible to go around door two. It's definitely possible, but not easy.

She did choose to go round door two which imo looked the better option.

She wasnt close to clearing and opening door 1 on 1st turn though.

Did you remember to give her 2 activations per character? Special rules for 2 heroes... +10 health each and 2 activations. (you always have 4 activations regardless how many heroes). That would allow her to cover a considerable amount of space on the map if she takes a run.

I find this mission is very winnable for the Imp early on and very winnable for the Rebels later on in the campaign.

If you got it as your 2nd side mission then not surprised you won it.

Just played this mission for first time. I'm IP, vs 3 heroes (Garrkhan, Jyn, Gideon). Lost in 4th round. Was 2nd side mission, I had 3 threat level. My droid died b4 doing anything (was damaged, then activated and Jyn quickdraw killed it, so no actions for him, useless). Troopers all had shots at Gaarkhan, but then were all dead after he went, and had extra activation. Gideon damaged the door, so after 1st round, no troops and door half dead. They opened the door and Gaarkhan just went for 2nd door, which was open in 3rd round, Gaarkhan just went to 3rd door, and in 4th, opened, strain to move, interact. I'm actually not sure how rebels couldn't win this one. The extra deploy points are too far from 3rd door, so I deployed there, but trandoshan hunters couldn't even move and shoot Gaarkhan (at least, do any lasting damage). Even if I wounded him, he could still interact w/data core.

Missions where the rebels need to move are easier for 3 or 2 heroes.