Charging while Engaged?

By voidreturn, in Runewars Rules Questions

What happens when you do a march primary action and a charge modifier while engaged with an enemy that you would otherwise collide with again?

That is, it should cancel the primary action per the RRG but do you take a panic token? Do you get to perform an attack per usual?

Seems like you might be extraordinarily punished for choosing a charge when your opponent charges due to initiative and you lose the ability to attack back. Is that right?

Your march is canceled. Then, because you didn't march, the movement modifier (charge) has no effect.

13 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Your march is canceled. Then, because you didn't march, the movement modifier (charge) has no effect.

Somebody corrected me on this same thing. It may be important to note that in this situation, your action is not CANCELED, but it is IGNORED. I think the rules probably should have said that it is canceled, and I would play it that way until we get further enlightenment, but the two things are not the same.

39 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Somebody corrected me on this same thing. It may be important to note that in this situation, your action is not CANCELED, but it is IGNORED. I think the rules probably should have said that it is canceled, and I would play it that way until we get further enlightenment, but the two things are not the same.

Your action (March) is canceled. Then, because you did not perform your action, your movement modifier (charge) has no effect. Nothing is ignored.

1 minute ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Your action (March) is canceled. Then, because you did not perform your action, your movement modifier (charge) has no effect. Nothing is ignored.

Oh, you're right. It clearly states in 47.2 that the action is canceled. I wonder if I got this mixed up with a different situation.

4 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Oh, you're right. It clearly states in 47.2 that the action is canceled. I wonder if I got this mixed up with a different situation.

The situation you might be refering to is attacking without a target.

Just now, Orcdruid said:

The situation you might be refering to is attacking without a target.

Yeah, it was.