Modifier timing and improving defense

By druchii7, in Runewars Rules Questions

DOUBT 1

The wind rune (seen on internet) lets you perform a (circle rune) shift and then a reform. It requires a skill icon.

If I equip my archers with it and activate shoot + skill icon, when do I perform the shift? Before, after or during the movement?

I could generalize the question: if the modifier is indeed a different action, in which order should I do them? Carrion lancers can skill icon an then move and I could throw the same question

DOUBT 2

If I improve my defense with shield defense ¿when does this start and stop working?

With shield defense I think it works only for a particular attack when you exhaust the card and that you recieve no extra defense for any other attack that turn. Right?

1. Modifiers are applied either together with the action (as in turning march) or after the action. So in this case you would shoot then perform the shift+reform.

2. Do you mean "shield wall"? It only applies to the single attack during which you exhaust it

Exactly, shield wall.

Thank you for helping! All was resolved.

Modifiers modify your action. Bonus actions happen after your revealed action. You do the action on the dial on the left, and it is either enhanced by what is showing on the right or when you are done you do the action showing in the dial in the right.