Spearman's Spearman wave 1 Daqan list 200 points

By Lyraeus, in Runewars List Building

++ Standard Army (Daqan Lords : Wave 0 (2017)) [200 Points] ++

+ Infantry +

Spearmen [84 Points]: 3x3 Trays, Front Line Rune Golem, Lance Corporal, Marching Cornicen, Raven-Pennon Bearer, Shield Wall

Spearmen [39 Points]: 2x2 Trays, Dispatch Runner, Marching Cornicen

Spearmen [39 Points]: 2x2 Trays, Dispatch Runner, Marching Cornicen

Spearmen [38 Points]: 2x2 Trays, Lance Corporal, Marching Cornicen

++ Total: [200 Points] ++

Thoughts?

I like this style of list becuase while I can shove stun tokens onto the bigger group, it can swing away like mad. The Lance Corporal allows that big group in and use a 4 charge with any sort of turn. Hyper flexible while being Brutal so it hits like a 4x3 I think.

I really like it! All those dispatch runners will make it a wall of shred.

I have a couple of questions for you after you get a chance to play it:

1. Are you able to get your big spearmen unit to grips with your opponent? If had to face this, I'd be avoiding that thing like the plague.
  2. How do the stun tokens work out on the big unit? Can they really continue to shred in following rounds, or is multiple rounds of stun tokens too much of a hit?
  3. Is 4 units enough to manage objective conditions? Did stun or the smaller size units hamper your pursuit of objectives? Overall, what is your objective strategy?

Still living vicariously for the time being. I'll be able to pick up the box next week, but I wont have time for a game until May :-(

The trumpet allows me to always turn without a negative, the Lance Corporal let's me use Blue charges with the 4 speed March, and yea. Fun times.

14 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

The trumpet allows me to always turn without a negative, the Lance Corporal let's me use Blue charges with the 4 speed March, and yea. Fun times.

Nice spot on those synergies!

53 minutes ago, Elliphino said:

Nice spot on those synergies!

It's the Armada player in me.

Yea. I think the Lance Corporal is an exhaust (I checked it is) so that means a rally is needed to exhaust it which makes me think Wind Runes could so silly things since I do t believe exhaust cards Unexhaust until you Rally.

You can also spend an inspiration token to ready exhausted cards. (RR-13.1)

6 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

You can also spend an inspiration token to ready exhausted cards. (RR-13.1)

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PROFIT!

It only does a single upgrade but Inspiration stacking... Hehehehe

Instead of the Lance Corporal you could use the other champion. The War Crier and send the Stun tokens you get... Wait. Darn. Not as effective since the special is a modifier so they can spend a stun to ignore it. Hmmm. Still, inspiration pulls double duty here.

I'd change that last spearmen unit to Lord Hawthorne and then you're set.

Do we even know much about the Lord?

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Do we even know much about the Lord?

We know that he gives out inspiration like candy and can attack every enemy that he is engaged with. What more do you need?

4 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

We know that he gives out inspiration like candy and can attack every enemy that he is engaged with. What more do you need?

I was able to read him. His special is giving out Inspiration, the plain text is something to do with handing out a second inspiration (likely to a second unit) and he has the Spearman Surge.

I wonder what he Costs.

Yea his special hits every friendly.

1 minute ago, Lyraeus said:

I was able to read him. His special is giving out Inspiration, the plain text is something to do with handing out a second inspiration (likely to a second unit) and he has the Spearman Surge.

I wonder what he Costs.

Somewhere between 30~40, with my guess being something like 36.

1 minute ago, Kubernes said:

Somewhere between 30~40, with my guess being something like 36.

Battlescribe has 32. 34 is my guess but he has 2 variants depending on where you want to add him.

3 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I wonder what he Costs.

His plain text states: "after you perform a [melee attack], you may perform a [melee attack] against another enemy that has not been targeted by your [melee attack] during this activation."

2 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

His plain text states: "after you perform a [melee attack], you may perform a [melee attack] against another enemy that has not been targeted by your [melee attack] during this activation."

Awwww that's sad... I would just put him in the back.

10 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Awwww that's sad... I would just put him in the back.

Or you could run him up and get him flanked then throw his red and white dice with brutal 1 at every enemy in the fight.

Sidebar: I hope his unit upgrade gives that ability.

7 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

Or you could run him up and get him flanked then throw his red and white dice with brutal 1 at every enemy in the fight.

Sidebar: I hope his unit upgrade gives that ability.

His attack ability is only good when dual engaging something

3 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

His attack ability is only good when dual engaging something

Yes, this unit will either want to present a trap, or be the last man standing, however he does have decent stats and likely a cav dial. This means he will be able to, if he choses, ride out ahead of the line and hold a unit or 2 so that you can flank with your other units.

That is a good way to lose a powerful unit. Even 2x1 archers can hurt him

20 trays... That's two cores and 6 expansions. Whew. And looooooooooooots of spearmen painting.

LOTS of buying people unused Spearman sets.

It helps that I will likely be getting 3 cores so that is 24 of 77 Spearman (1 golem) if the Lord takes the place of a 2x2 then it is only 16 trays.

Just being nit pickey but this isn't a wave 0 list it's wave 1. Maybe I should post that in the battlescribe page

17 hours ago, Klaxas said:

Just being nit pickey but this isn't a wave 0 list it's wave 1. Maybe I should post that in the battlescribe page

Says wave 1 in the title ^_^

I thought about it and it really only worked at wave 1