Spearman's Spearman wave 1 Daqan list 200 points

By Lyraeus, in Runewars List Building

9 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Says wave 1 in the title ^_^

I thought about it and it really only worked at wave 1

your right it does, didnt read that. the list though is titled wave 0 which is what i read.

It is a Battlescribe thing. It can't tell the difference at the moment.

Is'nt the Front line Rune Golem an upgrade for a Rune Golem card? I don't understand how it is being attached to a Spearman unit.

1 minute ago, simpatikool said:

Is'nt the Front line Rune Golem an upgrade for a Rune Golem card? I don't understand how it is being attached to a Spearman unit.

no, the front line rune golem card lets you add a rune golem as an upgrade to the spearmen unit. it is essentially a rune golem in the "front line" of the unit. the unit still uses the spearmen dials but it gives them the brutal keyword from the golem.

4 minutes ago, Klaxas said:

no, the front line rune golem card lets you add a rune golem as an upgrade to the spearmen unit. it is essentially a rune golem in the "front line" of the unit. the unit still uses the spearmen dials but it gives them the brutal keyword from the golem.

Oh ok. So looking at the card, do I also pay for a Rune Golem figure in the ranks of the Spearman?

7 for the upgrade card (Front line Rune Golem)

17 for a Rune Golem, I guess it replaces one stand of spearmen?

56 minutes ago, simpatikool said:

Oh ok. So looking at the card, do I also pay for a Rune Golem figure in the ranks of the Spearman?

7 for the upgrade card (Front line Rune Golem)

17 for a Rune Golem, I guess it replaces one stand of spearmen?

you do not also pay for the rune golem. just the 7 points. it does replace one of the trays (remember you have to have a unit of 9 spearmen in order to take a heavy upgrade so it would be 8 trays of spearmen + 1 rune golem) your opponent can spend accuracy results to target the golem early and it he kills it, then you lose the benifit from the front line rune golem.

1 hour ago, Klaxas said:

you do not also pay for the rune golem. just the 7 points. it does replace one of the trays (remember you have to have a unit of 9 spearmen in order to take a heavy upgrade so it would be 8 trays of spearmen + 1 rune golem) your opponent can spend accuracy results to target the golem early and it he kills it, then you lose the benifit from the front line rune golem.

Hey thank you. I figured it out. Its a figure upgrade rule 38.1

Keep in mind that your trumpet just adds a free modifier without needing it on your command dial. Spending a stun token will still cancel the modifier, even if it is granted by an upgrade instead of a command dial. So if you do this, whatever unit berserks will basically not have the next two modifiers you try to assign it that your opponent dislikes. This could lead to some ugly surprises, like your opponent cancelling your charge modifier so that you collide and take panic, but don't get attacks. A wise opponent can really take advantage of you exhausting yourself this way. The best thing here would be you could burn through layers of blight really well, allowing you to charge in, berserk, and burn off a bunch of blight to prepare for your next round of combat.

On 4/24/2017 at 1:55 PM, drkpnthr said:

Keep in mind that your trumpet just adds a free modifier without needing it on your command dial. Spending a stun token will still cancel the modifier, even if it is granted by an upgrade instead of a command dial. So if you do this, whatever unit berserks will basically not have the next two modifiers you try to assign it that your opponent dislikes. This could lead to some ugly surprises, like your opponent cancelling your charge modifier so that you collide and take panic, but don't get attacks. A wise opponent can really take advantage of you exhausting yourself this way. The best thing here would be you could burn through layers of blight really well, allowing you to charge in, berserk, and burn off a bunch of blight to prepare for your next round of combat.

What is the berserking you're talking about? I didn't see that referenced anywhere else in this thread. Maybe I just missed it.