Threat and melee

By Attackmack, in Runewars Rules Questions

Just to get it right: if a 5 trays width unit is in a melee Attack vs a 1 tray unit it has a threat of 5 even if only 3 trays are touching it (with edge/corner)?

1 hour ago, tkundnobody said:

Just to get it right: if a 5 trays width unit is in a melee Attack vs a 1 tray unit it has a threat of 5 even if only 3 trays are touching it (with edge/corner)?

Not sure how one tray can touch three trays, but yes, even If only one enemy tray was In contact, the attacker would have 5 threat.

On 4/21/2017 at 6:07 AM, tkundnobody said:

Trays aren't considered touching corner to corner if they were squared up and a tray was removed.

EDIT - This post was updated to reflect information pointed out below.

Edited by rowdyoctopus

@rowdyoctopus I disagree. There are circumstances where units collide corner-to-corner, but are unable to square up. These would still be touching and engaged. It's a corner case, but it's worth keeping in mind so you don't speak in absolutes.

5 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Not sure how one tray can touch three trays, but yes, even If only one enemy tray was In contact, the attacker would have 5 threat.

1 would touch 1 with edge and 2 with corner (if this is considered as touching; but it doesn't seem to be if i read the posts here :D)

4 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

@rowdyoctopus I disagree. There are circumstances where units collide corner-to-corner, but are unable to square up. These would still be touching and engaged. It's a corner case, but it's worth keeping in mind so you don't speak in absolutes.

Heh, units being corner-to-corner is a corner case...

5 minutes ago, DaShamrockKid said:

Heh, units being corner-to-corner is a corner case...

I was wondering if someone would pick up on that! :)

5 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Edited for clarity. Thanks.

12 hours ago, tkundnobody said:

1 would touch 1 with edge and 2 with corner (if this is considered as touching; but it doesn't seem to be if i read the posts here :D)

It isn't considered touching because they don't actually touch. The corners of the trays are separated by the width of the connectors, that is why closing in is a thing.

32 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

It isn't considered touching because they don't actually touch. The corners of the trays are separated by the width of the connectors, that is why closing in is a thing.

Right, because you don't lock the trays together when engaged.