Call me crazy, but...

By vespers2, in Talisman

...the other night I found myself uncharacteristically channel surfing and I stumbled across a re-run of The Big Bang Theory , and I would swear I saw the characters playing Talisman 4th edition in the background. I'm not a regular viewer of that program, does anyone know if this is part of the show? If so, that might be reason enough for me to watch the show from now on! lengua.gif

It is true! Twice in the Big Bang Theory that I know of they were playing Talisman in the background. We talked about this in the old forums and it was posted on talismanisland.com so if it is still up there that is where I would reccomend to go to check out more.

Yep, it's true....

The news is in the News Archive section off the main page.

bigbang_s01e17_tal1.jpg

bigbang_s01e16_tal2.jpg

Okay, I will. You're C razy Butt!

demonio.gif

Malechi said:

Okay, I will. You're C razy Butt!

demonio.gif

partido_risa.gif I'm so glad someone went for it!

There was also a bit of nerdiness when one of the players landed on the City and quoted from the space text...

bigbang_s01e17_tal2.jpg

"Enslaved by Warlocks, stay here until you roll 2, 4 or 6"

So I made this card to celebrate the fact that they made up the effects of the City. Never posted until now though...

ghostlycell_200dpi.jpg

I will of course be updating it to Revised 4th Edition format soon!

Here's a link to the You Tube episode. They have some closeups of the game about a minute into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZrggdPC44

talismanisland said:

There was also a bit of nerdiness when one of the players landed on the City and quoted from the space text...

bigbang_s01e17_tal2.jpg

"Enslaved by Warlocks, stay here until you roll 2, 4 or 6"

So I made this card to celebrate the fact that they made up the effects of the City. Never posted until now though...

ghostlycell_200dpi.jpg

I will of course be updating it to Revised 4th Edition format soon!

I feel they should re-film the episode to showcase the strengths of the newest FFG edition. lengua.gif

cool but it looks that they have way to many peices than players,unless their playing two charcter a piece like we do or reality the set designer just put out what looked good.

Yeah, they're just using it as a nerd prop rather than trying to actually represent game play. Artistic license and all.

Now that I've seen these stills, though, my set is going to look all wrong if it isn't surrounded by Chinese food. Gonna have to take care of that... :)

saundby said:

Now that I've seen these stills, though, my set is going to look all wrong if it isn't surrounded by Chinese food. Gonna have to take care of that... :)

ALWAYS an excellent notion! But careful around the board.