Mission Control- Supported or not

By CaldazarSG, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

So I've been collecting X-Wing for a while now, wave 2, have just started playing in the last six months. As I convince more of my friends to play, we are looking into Coop type missions. We've adopted some of the fantastic work done by other community members and are now looking to expand our mission library by creating our own Arcs. I finally got around to checking out the mission control area and can't help but wonder, is this thing supported or what? The framework is obviously laid to make this a powerful tool for community content creators. Why the half- assed approach? Is FFG planning to update this with regards to new ships or what? If so, what kind of ETA are we looking at. If this has been abandoned, is their an official post announcing it? Seems odd that a tool that appears to have been in beta for 3 years now, has some relevance for the community, and appears to be fairly easily brought up to speed by adding a few ship tokens would lay dormant as long as it has.

Can we get an official response? Thanks!

EDIT: Let me state this with the intent of full disclosure: FFG- If you really want to bring your A game to this mission control editor, you should give serious consideration to adding the emplacements, ion clouds, structures and minefields from Josh Derksen's HotAC campaign. You guys have got to be aware of the life/ player base that his coop campaign structure has influenced.

Edited by CaldazarSG
Afterthought- Full Disclosure

Anyone home, any chance at an official response?

Hey yo FFG, I'm not going anywhere until we get an answer. I need those community members that would like to see the Mission Control Center expanded to speak up please. They can't ignore us if we are loud enough!

You are not alone...

Hi, the same thing from a small land called France ... Is it because of ASMODEE ? Or maybe XWing is just enough lucrative to make some effort. After all, you let the community develop squadron builder.

G'Morning FFG. It's been about a month, no response yet. Just checking back in to see if we are ever going to get an update on the status of the Mission Control Center. Truly appreciate your responsiveness and attentiveness, really illustrates a dedication to customer service, thank guys! ..../s

Hey, i bet you thought I gave up on asking about this; not a chance. Look all I'm asking for is a simple "yes we have plan to continue supporting the Mission Control Center and will be updating it soon..." or a "no, not gonna happen, ain't worth the time and effort." A little communication would be appreciated, that is all for today...

On 07/05/2017 at 1:59 PM, CaldazarSG said:

Hey, i bet you thought I gave up on asking about this; not a chance. Look all I'm asking for is a simple "yes we have plan to continue supporting the Mission Control Center and will be updating it soon..." or a "no, not gonna happen, ain't worth the time and effort." A little communication would be appreciated, that is all for today...

Have you e-mailed FFG? I don't think I've ever seen them respond on the forum.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, CaldazarSG said:

EDIT: Let me state this with the intent of full disclosure: FFG- If you really want to bring your A game to this mission control editor, you should give serious consideration to adding the emplacements, ion clouds, structures and minefields from Josh Derksen's HotAC campaign. You guys have got to be aware of the life/ player base that his coop campaign structure has influenced.

Thing about Josh Derksen's HotAC campaign is that it is a 3rd part campaign made outside of FFG supports. So FFG really can't be using any of his assets without paying him as it is unsolicited advice and that is something many companies avoid to prevent any unwanted lawsuits. I think you should just be grateful that FFG and the Mouse haven't sent any C&D notices to Mr. Derksen so we can still enjoy it.

Now that being said, I notice the latest ship to be added to mission control is the scum ones from Wave 6. If FFG really wanted to bring their A-game they would have included the ships from the past 5 Waves including movie and the Gozanti. Heck the K-wing is not even in there.

I find it funny people are asking for (mostly unlicensed) 3rd party features to be added into X-wing Mission Control. FFG simply can't do it, Disney would immediately put an end to it for various copyright and trademark as well as other legal reasons. No shape-way ships, fan mod tokens or other stuff. Only Disney Licensed FFG assets can be included. If you want a mission builder for HotC or other 3rd party items you are going to have to do what the Vassal folks do and make it yourself.

Edited by Marinealver