size/scale of the minis

By madzerker, in Runewars Miniatures Game

36 minutes ago, keltheos said:

Can we just call it RW? :D

I vote for RMG. RW could get confused with the original Runewars board game.

This really surprised me. I hadn't realized the horns and eyes were different on Ardus. But I just grabbed my minis and was really stunned at the general size difference too.

I will tell you, I'm relieved to see all of the minis being the same scale so far. That's been a real issue in games like Descent, Talisman, etc.

58 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I vote for RMG. RW could get confused with the original Runewars board game.

RWTMGNRWTBG?

Edited by keltheos
4 minutes ago, keltheos said:

RWTMGNRWTBG?

This! Anything else is patently false or misleading!

We need sig lines where we could start a grassroots for it.

Founding Member: "Make the game's acronym RWTMGNRWTBG" Committee

Quick question...Ardus from Descent...same as the Ardus in the lieutenant pack?

2 minutes ago, Joker2007 said:

Same character? Yes.
Same sculpt? No.
Same design? More or less.

4 minutes ago, Joker2007 said:

Just check out my photo part way down page 1 of this thread :)

RW:TBG = Runewars the Board Game

RW = What everyone is playing :)

On 4/11/2017 at 1:47 PM, Joker2007 said:

On 4/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, Budgernaut said:

Same character? Yes.
Same sculpt? No.
Same design? More or less.

I'm confused by this comment. The only Ardus sculpt that ever came in Descent is the Ardus in the Lieutenant Pack.

Holy necrothread batman!

The Maro is strong with this one.

6 hours ago, Jukey said:

Holy necrothread batman!

The Maro is strong with this one.

Well, it was a question about Waiqar. So I guess +1 for thematic?

On 4/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, JasonGlass said:

This really surprised me. I hadn't realized the horns and eyes were different on Ardus. But I just grabbed my minis and was really stunned at the general size difference too.

I will tell you, I'm relieved to see all of the minis being the same scale so far. That's been a real issue in games like Descent, Talisman, etc.

FFG really need to start working to the same scale and quality for all the Terrinoth minis (even if it means larger other components for some games- Battlelore if reissued for example may (I've not checked this out to confirm) need bigger game board kit with bigger minis) - matching everything to the RWM scale would mean better standard quality and durability (rubbishy tiny, flimsy, nightmare to paint pieces with bits that break easily just don't cut it anymore with the standards of games being made these days) and varying sizes/standards across games is annoying and means you can't add to a game's options by using pieces from other games (e.g. Battlelore figures too small to use for more unit options in RWM), a standard size would help sales due to people cross-buying for such purposes.

As I've said before Descent 2 has some awesome pieces like Skarn (which have potential for bringing to RWM) but a few very contrasting poor quality ones with very below par sculpts and detail- Merick Farrow seems rather uninspiring although it looks better on the news post photo, maybe I just got unlucky and got a duff mini! (thankfully most pieces are on the better side quality wise but the inconsistency just seems a bit odd).

Still think they should also use the benefit of this of the overlap between games, e.g. instead of having to manufacture two versions or more of some minis there's a one-mini-fits-all solution. If you own more than one of the games it then has more appeal to potential customers to buy that mini expansion pack as it works for multiple games.