Reprints

By whittaker007, in Player community

Any way to find out when the first 2 cycles are going to be reprinted - assuming they will eventually?

I'm not sure how much you can trust the "upcoming" anymore. I was tracking restock for "The Lost Realm". The latest update is on the boat as of 12/1/16.

Coolstuffinc sent me a "back in stock" notification for it weeks ago and that upcoming page still hasn't been updated.

Bummer. I'm in a weird situation where I picked up a second hand lot including the core set, Khazad-dum, everything from Heirs of Numinor up to half the Dream-Chaser cycle and a couple of random Saga expansions. Of course there's more than enough of a card pool there to work with, but it's difficult to get started when all the guides and deck lists out there assume you start at the beginning and get everything incrementally in order. Also Darrowdelf seems to be highly regarded in terms of both the quality of the quests and player cards.

In the meantime I've ordered a second core set, and Hobbit and Fellowship expansions, so hopefully by the time we've done with those, Darrowdelf and Mirkwood might be back in print. Otherwise it's kind of sad that I've got so much, yet feel like I'm missing out :/

Edited by whittaker007

Playing Progression series (everything in release order) is kinda fun but if you are exploring the game, you should be good to go with what you have. I would skip Heirs and the gondor cycle for now. I haven't gone beyond those but I heard Isengard and also Dream Chaser is very much possible without the full card pool.

If you create an account at http://ringsdb.com/ you can pick which expansions and adventure packs you have. Then when you search for decks and stuff it will only show decks made with cards you have. It's very helpful.

Edited by mewmartigan

It's weird how hard it has become to find FFG games lately. They have some other games that I've been meaning to get into but they're always sold out or way above msrp. Friendly local game stores are having trouble keeping FFG stuff in stock too it seems.

I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one honestly, but it's definitely frustrating.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've just got the first 6 of the Hobbit and Fellowship expansions, along with Road to Rivendell and The Long Dark from Darrowdelf which were the only packs I could find in stock at the time. The Watcher in the Water, Foundations of Stone and Shadow and Flame briefly came in stock at the online retailer I use, and Watcher has been dispatched, but the other 2 are still waiting. I reckon those orders will be cancelled when they are found not to be in stock after all. I've already had one order of Shadow cancelled in that way.

I want to expand the card pool in stages, preferably in order, though I've already added the player cards from Khazad and HoN base sets. S o I reckon we will start on the Hobbit and then move on to Khazad-dum which should have some good Dwarf synergies. I don't mind skipping Mirkwood if I can get a mostly complete set of Darrowdelf.