Where can I find rules for teleportation?

By spong, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Hi folks,

I did a quick forum search and didn't see anything definitive enough for my tastes. Anybody know if there's any hard rules on how teleporting works?

I'm setting my guys up for a desperate hail-Mary boarding action of a Hive Ship and the only reasonable method of extraction I can think of is a teleportarium. Thing is, this will be the first time they've ever used one and it will set a precedent. If there are any rules, fluff, or errata that touch the subject, I'd like to review it so I can keep things consistent in subsequent games.

Here's what I think I know about them:

1) Teleportariums are archeotech and in many ways functionally identical to magic. Therefore I can fiat quite a bit with them.

2) While they do not require a teleport beacon to operate, beacons make them more accurate, hence why teleporting blindly into an unknown vessel is ill-advised.

3) Teleportation basically sends you through the warp to your destination. There is a chance of mishap. Even a successful trip is distinctly unpleasant.

4) For some reason, I've only ever seen terminator armor go through it. Not sure if it's because of shielding or the fragment of the Emperor's armor (Crux Terminatus) that makes the trip possible. I'd prefer to send them through in basic battle armor (Mk VI?) so I can leave them a bit more underhanded on arrival.

Thanks in advance

You can look at Rogue Trader "Into the Storm" book, p.150: "Teleportariums and you". Can't remember any other rules right now.

Thanks for that. A little light, but probably for the best.

22 hours ago, spong said:

4) For some reason, I've only ever seen terminator armor go through it. Not sure if it's because of shielding or the fragment of the Emperor's armor (Crux Terminatus) that makes the trip possible. I'd prefer to send them through in basic battle armor (Mk VI?) so I can leave them a bit more underhanded on arrival.

Corebook, p.176, "Teleportation": Typically , this is done only by the heavily-armoured Terminators. - "typically" isn't "always" so you're free to send them via teleport in standard power armor.