The Shadow Rune Project

By Sadgit, in Road to Legend

We just released our fifth update:

- Fixed a bug in the travel event system
- Added italian translations for the quests "First Blood" and "A Fat Goblin" by Stregabbo
- Added german translations for the quest "Castle Daerion" by Tantum

As always the update can be downloaded inside Valkyrie.

I love the whole idea of this. Can I Please ask, looking on the valkyrie website it needs the play store app, how does this affect things if I have the steam version already installed? Is it fully in dependant or will it clash?

It depends on the platform you are using.

If you are using windows you will need to install Road to Legend via Steam in addition to Valkyrie.

I guess it's the same on Mac OS.

If you are using android there are special installation instructions for Valkyrie, but I haven't tried this out yet.

I hope this helps.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:11 PM, DerDelphi said:

It depends on the platform you are using.

If you are using windows you will need to install Road to Legend via Steam in addition to Valkyrie.

I guess it's the same on Mac OS.

If you are using android there are special installation instructions for Valkyrie, but I haven't tried this out yet.

I hope this helps.

Great thanks so for pc the steam version is fine. Great.

Due to user reports and some tests made by myself I have unfortunately discovered, that there currently seems to be a problem with the save and load system in Valkyrie itself.

Sadly, this means that saving and loading can't be used, because this causes the campaign to no longer function the way it is supposed to.

Of course this is a real problem, because it is impossible to play a complete campaign without saving the game. I already created an issue report for Bruce, and I hope he will be able to find a solution. I will update this post once I have further information to share.

At this time I sadly can't recommend to start a campaign until this has been fixed.

Thanks to everyone who reported this. I'm really sorry that you lost your campaign progress :(

We just released a small update which contains the following changes:

- Added italian translations for the quest "Castle Daerion" by Stregabbo
- Added german translations for the quests "The Cardinals Plight", "Death on the Wing" and "The Masquerade Ball" by Tantum

Unfortunately there is still nothing new to report regarding the save/load issues in Valkyrie :(

My apologies for the long silence, but sadly there was nothing to report for a long time.

Today however I'm pleased to report, that one of the Valkyrie programmers was able to pinpoint the problem with the save/load system and fixed it in a beta release.

As soon as there is a new official Valykrie release I will update the campaign and saving/loading will work as intended. Unfortunately I don't know when exactly this update will arrive, but I will post again once it has been released.

The flip side is however, that it might take a while until the project is back on track in regards of new content. The compulsory break unfortunately lead to a shift in priorities. I hope it'll work out, but be prepared for a slower release schedule.

Edited by DerDelphi

Thanks so much for this news and also for your hard work - looking forward to it :)

6 hours ago, Warhippo said:

Thanks so much for this news and also for your hard work - looking forward to it :)

Seconded. Thanks for all your (and the dev’s) work.

3 hours ago, pxl said:

Seconded. Thanks for all your (and the dev’s) work.

Thirded :)

Not sure when I'll get around to this as I still haven't done the main free campaign but this looks fantastic.

Well done to everyone involved!

On 9/4/2018 at 2:29 AM, DerDelphi said:

My apologies for the long silence, but sadly there was nothing to report for a long time.

Hey I read the whole series of posts. Noticed there were questions about interest in the project. I looked on bgg for a similar discussion but couldn't find anything. If there is please share the link. If not I'd strongly recommend posting something there.

Hello everybody,

I just uploaded the next update, which will allow the save/load system to work with our campaign.

Please note: You will need to install the latest version of Valkyrie Brynhildr to run the campaign. Sadly it is not compatible with the last official Valkyrie release.

You can find Valkyrie Brynhildr here: https://github.com/BenRQ/valkyrie/releases

Changes:

- Reworked campaign structure to work with the Valkyrie Brynhildr release (This allows saving and loading to work as intended)
- Added an "End Campaign" button to the travel phase (This will work after the next Brynhildr bugfix release and allow rating the campaign)

As always, the update can be downloaded in Valkyrie.

Sorry it took so long to get this sorted out.

News?

Edited by crashserver

Sorry for the long silence, but there just wasn't anything to report. We are currently still waiting for the next major Valkyrie Release 2.2, which is actively developed.

Nevertheless, I just released a small translation update.

Changes:

- Added german translations for the quests "The Shadow Vault", "The Overlord Revealed" and "The Monster's Hoard Encounter 1" by Tantum

I'm also glad to welcome Carlos to our translation team. He is currently working on the spanish translations.

Edited by DerDelphi

Just to keep you updated, the project is still in development. Since January our translator Tantum has joined active development and created 3 new quests. Today we released a new version, which now includes the following changes:

- Added the quests "The Dawnblade" and "Enduring the Elements" by Tantum (April 15th release)
- Added the quest "The Ritual of Shadows" by Tantum (May 20th release)

Regards,
Delphi

Hello Everyone,

today I'm glad to announce, that the quests of "The Shadow Rune Project" are finally completed and implemented. As of today you are able to play a complete campaign :) Just grab the newest Valkyrie release (2.4.0.1 or later) and download the campaign inside the application to play it.

At this point I really want to thank all contributors to the project, but especially Tantum, who was the driving force behind keeping the project alive in the last year. He alone designed about half of the quests in the campaign, and the project would be far from done without him.

While the campaign is completely playable, there is still some work to do. Due to the number of quests and their complexitiy, it is pretty likely that there are some minor and major bugs, which could cause all sorts of problem. Due to this, I would be very grateful if you could post any issues you encounter at The Shadow Rune Github repository over here .

We are also planning to update some of the quests, add new features as soon as the are available in Valkyrie, and overall improve the balancing of the campaign. We are also open for suggestions.

Looking back to out first release, which was almost 2 and a half years ago, I'm really glad the project was finally completed. There were a lot of challgenes to face during development, but we made it :)

Thanks to everyone who still has passion for this game and wants to give the campaign a try.

For the record, here is our latest changelog:

- Added the missing quests "The Desecrated Tomb", "Blood of Heroes", "The Twin Idols", "The Wyrm Turns", "The Wyrm Rises", "Gryvorn Unleashed" and "The Man who would be King" by Tantum
- Completed implementation of the campaign phase (all quests are now playable!).

Important Note: Please use Valkyrie 2.4.0.1 to run the campaign. Older versions will run into an issue which leads to savegame corruption.

Oh my god, i can play full in italian?

Edited by crashserver

Sorry, the translations are currently in a very early state. Only a few quests have been translated into italian, spanish and german. Unfortunately there is nobody actively working on them at the moment, but we are always looking for volunteers.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, DerDelphi said:

Sorry, the translations are currently in a very early state. Only a few quests have been translated into italian, spanish and german. Unfortunately there is nobody actively working on them at the moment, but we are always looking for volunteers.

Thank you very much for the work done!

1. How can I translate into Russian?

2. Will other campaigns or side quests be implemented? Mini campaigns are faster to do in theory. Is it possible to use Agenda Cards from Road to Peril to simplify the transfer?

3. Bugs Elemental and Soul Reaper start items.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Антон Грудцын

I'm a big fan of what you all are doing here, and super excited to try this out! I would also like to offer my services, such as it is, if there is need for technical folk to help with coding and such...let me know, glad to give back to the community that has given me so much in return.