Lost in time and space

By Jitti, in General Discussion

When you have a lost in time and space condition.

And you fail the test at the back of the card.

You must put your investigator back on the gameboard.

Is that investigator out? For the rest of the game or he plays again the next action phase?

I am confused with the rule in the rulebook Forsaken Lore, where I read that the investigator wins the game if the rest wins the game or lose the game when the rest lose the game.

Thank you.

Jiti

56 minutes ago, Jitti said:

You must put your investigator back on the gameboard.

Is that investigator out?

If they would be out, what what be the purpose of putting them back on the gameboard?

1 hour ago, Jitti said:

I am confused with the rule in the rulebook Forsaken Lore, where I read that the investigator wins the game if the rest wins the game or lose the game when the rest lose the game.

This is for the corner cases. An investigator that is Lost in Time and Space is "unaffected by other game effects". This clause basically makes an exception for the effects that say "Investigators lose the game" or "Investigators win the game".

Edited by tsuma534

There are other edge cases:

Some that come to my mind:

1. If you are Delayed in Lost in Time and Space, you do undelay during your action phase.

2. There is a Mythos card that says "Each Investigator with a Lost in Time and Space Condition is devoured". You are obviously affected by this effect. :D

3. Some targetted effects still target you, except they do nothing afterwards.

Examples:

Advance Doom by 1 unless the Lead Investigator gains an Agreement Condition. (if the Lead Investigator has a Lost in Time and Space Condition, he cannot choose to gain the Condition, therefore Doom advances by 1)

The Investigator with the most Item possessions discards all of his Item possessions. (If the Investigator with a Lost in Time and Space Condition has the most Item possessions, he is the target, but does not discard anything and the effect "fizzles")

Edited by Runko

You resolve the Lost in Time and Space during the Encounter Phase. That player skips the Action Phase. If you fail, resolve the fail effect, including the Encounter if you need to. After that, play continues.

What if you were to become detained, and then lost in time and space the same round after the detainment? That happened to us the other day. We decided that LITAS took precedence since how could you be detained in a jail cell if you were floating around in the void lol

15 hours ago, Raj1984 said:

What if you were to become detained, and then lost in time and space the same round after the detainment?

LiTaS says you're unaffected by other game effects. Among those "other game effects" are the ones on the Detained condition.
So Detained doesn't affect you as long as you're LiTaS and resumes affecting you when you're no longer LiTaS.

Edited by tsuma534