Star Wars RPG Public Discord Server

By MarlowK, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi all! I wanted to provide a prominent link on this forum to our large, public SWRPG Discord server: https://discord.gg/TmBHaN5

For those that do not know, Discord is a centralized, online chat and voice platform. Within the server, a large and growing community organizes games over Tabletop Simulator, Roll20, and more, while providing a space to chat and discuss anything from GM tips to rules questions. It's likely the best place to discuss SWRPG over voice comms or just chat about the rules and larger Star Wars universe.

If you are an avid player looking for a new campaign or a grizzled GM looking for your new group to lead - this is the best place to instantly organize via chat.

Thanks all! And if you have any questions, shoot us a message in Discord @Marlow#4067 or @Commi#0392

Server Features:

• Our system includes an in-chat dice roller to allow you to play just using the Discord platform itself.
  • We feature looking-for-group tools, a "library" of game resources, and a consolidated schedule.
  • We cater to all platforms for game organization, with most of us playing on Discord.

Server Link:

GuHDivA.png

Edited by MarlowK
Updated server link

This server seems a bit shady. Posts that have anything to do with the games ran on this server get magically deleted. The answer that is given is if it's not in the log it didn't exist. Essentially saying without saying that anyone that brings that question up must be lying. This is just very shady practices and I don't have the time or the energy to play games. I only took the time to make this post so others would be informed, however I am curious to see if this gets censored as well.

What are you talking about @WillBS ? I think you have things confused.

The discord server is completely independent of these forums which are ran by the fantasy flight games company.

If you have a complaint you should talk to a mod. Bingo! I am a mod there.

I'll be happy to look into your concern. We have over 2000 members and an active community. We are volunteering to manage this server for the benefits of growing a community. We don't have any interest in singling out a random stranger and lying about a looking for game post, that would be a waste of our time and rather silly.

Edited by TheShard
47 minutes ago, TheShard said:

What are you talking about @WillBS ? I think you have things confused.

The discord server is completely independent of these forums which are ran by the fantasy flight games company.

If you have a complaint you should talk to a mod. Bingo! I am a mod there.

I'll be happy to look into your concern. We have over 2000 members and an active community. We are volunteering to manage this server for the benefits of growing a community. We don't have any interest in singling out a random stranger and lying about a looking for game post, that would be a waste of our time and rather silly.

Indeed he did talk to a mod about it, there was a conversation between him (william) and some others on friday in #general.

About what? I'm still not sure what he is referrencing. His lfg ad got deleted?

Which mod did you speak to? There was a purge of old ads not to long ago but the mod pinged the authors. If yours got caught up in that accidentally just repost the ad.

Edited by TheShard

I haven't had any trouble with Discord.

It's really cool, because a GM can create their own server to run their games, and just invite the Dice Bot and the players.

I run a PBP and play/GM in two other games round-robin style.

Cheers!

I've never really had a problem with the server beyond idiot users, but everyplace on the internet has those.

12 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

Indeed he did talk to a mod about it, there was a conversation between him (william) and some others on friday in #general.

And, if you recall, the mod straight up posted logs that showed that no such post was ever made. William clearly made a mistake and is trying to take it out on the server.

Well what I was told was if it wasn't in the log than it didn't exist. Then I was told that if the person who posted it deleted it that it may not show up in the logs. That's all well and possible I guess as I have no clue how the log's work. The issue is I made a post as well, I didn't delete my own post. Yet my post was deleted and not in the log either, then was once again told if it isn't in the log it doesn't exist. Like I said I have no clue how the logs work, but I do understand when I post something and someone tells me I didn't that I'm being called a liar.

Edited by WillBS

The log is a bot's log, a bot that tracks all of the history of actions done by administrators, mods, tags and pins etc.

So if you deleted your own post I don't think the bot tracks your own actions.

And if you are who I remember your talking about njo? Which is a private campaign we host on the server. We do not police it except for violations of server rules. If so your issue is with them and not the swrpg discord server as a whole.

I'm not sure which of these issues you even have at this point.

No one is preventing you from reposting whatever got deleted. Which at this point I'm not sure why that wasn't the solution in the first place?

I wanna point out that even now, I'm addressing your concerns... Not even on our own server but on a completely different forum. I think that's pretty good customer service.

Edited by TheShard

Can I get an updated invite to the ffg star wars discord?

The invite link at the top of this thread is still live:
https://discord.gg/TmBHaN5

Let me know if you have any issues!

Umm that invite is invalid!.. That is why I asked for an updated invite!

nope says not valid! I will pm you

Both links work just fine for me. Are you logged into Discord on your web browser, @LordEnforcer ?

I figured it out.. it was on the server end. I am good not thank you

Just wanted to remind folks that we have a thriving, growing community here on Discord built around the game. Please come and join in the discussion and help us archive the excellent resources here on the forum. We hope to see you all here 🙂

https://discord.gg/TmBHaN5

244247247_DiscordInviteBanner.thumb.jpg.b9c06cef022c20bf0dbe7046b83d75e8.jpg

Edited by MarlowK

One last bump as we say our final farewells, we'd love to have you all on the SWRPG discord server . If you're more of a forum person, we've got a budding and active forum here at our community site .