Future of the Game

By Hawkman2000, in Star Wars: The Card Game

55 minutes ago, dbmeboy said:

To be fair, it didn't have to outsell either of those to be the 2nd highest selling LCG at the time. At the time (this was 2013 I think?), Netrunner was the top seller. It just had to be selling better than CoC, AGoT 1e, Invasion, and LotR, I think. X-Wing is not an LCG and entirely irrelevant to the statement.

Posts above said it was their second highest selling game, not LCG. If LCG, I completely buy that it would have been 2nd at some point.

1 hour ago, gokubb said:

Posts above said it was their second highest selling game, not LCG. If LCG, I completely buy that it would have been 2nd at some point.

Ah, yeah. The actual quote is LCG. Didn't catch the mistake in the other post.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, gokubb said:

Depends on when they said that. Like I said, could have been totals from right after the core set, which I imagine distributors ate right up. Plus their sales numbers are based off distributor purchases from them, not sales at actual game stores. The first order of Star Wars LCG was probably huge in anticipation of a competitive card game in the SW IP.

But, there is no way the game outsold Netrunner or XWing, at least on a level where product ended up in players’ hands.

That was an error on my end. Sorry about that. I didn't realize I said game rather than specify LCG when I typed that. They said it was their 2nd largest selling LCG at that time.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, dbmeboy said:

Ah, yeah. The actual quote is LCG. Didn't catch the mistake in the other post.

That was definitely a mistake on my end. Meant to say LCG, didn't realize I just typed "game".

59 minutes ago, yodaman1971 said:

That was definitely a mistake on my end. Meant to say LCG, didn't realize I just typed "game".

No mistakes allowed on the internet! ;)

14 hours ago, dbmeboy said:

No mistakes allowed on the internet! ;)

:)