feedback about my psyker

By Alphawyrd, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Hi everyone, im a DH french player, my english is not perfect so i hope i dont make too much mistakes lol.

I play an ascended Psyker, rank 11, but i have to introduce him a bit because he is quite original and weird.

Well i started as a Savant rank 3, purified spirit, normal Imperial psyker, until i discovered i was in fact the result of an experiment made by a renegade inquisitor, who surgically implemented a Logis Demonae in my body to grant me my powers, then he removed my whole skin to replace it with the skin of an deceased registered sanctioned psyker (quite sick, my GM is a sadist), and erased my memory (i recovered my memories during the campaign). My inquisitor is a former sister of battle, when i discovered this abomination, i told her about it, and she really wanted me dead, but i've saved one of her sister in a previous adventure, so she brought me to a bunch of exorcists/techsorcists who removed the demon inside the device.

The outcome was that i became an Alpha wyrd, a very potent version of the common wyrds, and i could litterally learn every power of any discipline without any limit. But the counterpart was that i lost control of my powers, i was like a living bomb. Again, my inquisitor wanted to execute me but i saved her life once again against a chaos sorcerer, so she gave me another chance. After a lot of suffering and warp issues (nightmares, temptations, possessions attempts etc...), i finally encountered the lord inquisitor Ahmazzi who used to live in a former base of the well known Haarlock family, and he offered his help because we've killed a bunch of demons and saved his ass. Inside that base, i was introduced to a very powerful creature called the golden widow, who told me she could connect me to the astronomican, some kind of assermentation/sanctioning (?) in fact, and also learn me very ancient forms of powers.

So my GM told me it was something called the third eye opening, which i performed, and became a primaris Psyker, but still not officially registered, well i admit i did not know that this game could offer so much mindfuck stuff about being a psyker. Ah and as a last experiment, she also turned me into an equivalent of an astropath, not without sacrifying thousand of destinies to perform the ceremony (i learn that after lol, i keep it secret of course). So i am at the same time, a biomancy master, have some powers from every DH disciplines and also astropathic powers, and its getting confusing (and a lots of madness points, i paid a high price for it).

So i wanted to ask a few things.

- I learned some powers from the rogue trader book, and it seems very different, because i just have to roll a Willpower test, i just wanted to know if concentration/focus (?) could give some bonuses to help me cast these powers.

- I also wanted to know if it was possible to foul a true astropath with my aura, because my team want to infiltrate me inside a astropath temple, which i think is a very bad idea.

- Finally i just wanted to know if you think that this kind of character could actually really exist in the lore, because i searched a lot about alpha wyrds, and found almost nothing.

Edited by Alphawyrd

These forums were specifically for 2nd edition.

The games are being more actively discussed elsewhere on the internet at places like:

Roll for Heresy: http://www.rollforheresy.net/

Their Discord Server: https://discord.gg/zBF5GFg

Or the 40krpg subreddit: reddit.com/r/40krpg

I've never made an Ascension character so I can't help too much mechanically.

So i wanted to ask a few things.

- I learned some powers from the rogue trader book, and it seems very different, because i just have to roll a Willpower test, i just wanted to know if concentration/focus (?) could give some bonuses to help me cast these powers.

Yes they do roll differently in DH1 vs Rogue Trader. You can meditate, or use a psy focus.

- I also wanted to know if it was possible to foul a true astropath with my aura, because my team want to infiltrate me inside a astropath temple, which i think is a very bad idea.

Yes, they'd likely be able to tell pretty easily.

- Finally i just wanted to know if you think that this kind of character could actually really exist in the lore, because i searched a lot about alpha wyrds, and found almost nothing.

No, not really, there's quite a few points that don't mesh too well with the lore. But take that with a grain of salt, 40k is vast and old a lot of the lore has different levels of being accepted or not. And even Games Workshop doesn't think about it too hard giving out the answer, Everything and Nothing is canon.

Edited by ThenDoctor

You mean 2nd Edition.

hi,

thank you for the insight, i chose this forum because i played most of the campaign with Dark heresy rules, i ascended my psyker but we still stick to DH, because ascension is kind of too overpowered, so i feel like im still playing DH and not ascension.

thanks for the links i'll use them, and im a bit disappointed that my character is not realistic but well, a u said, averything and nothing is canon.

On 27.03.2017 at 0:29 PM, Alphawyrd said:

...who surgically implemented a Logis Demonae in my body to grant me my powers...

Hi there!

A bit of an offtopic question, but could you share what this is based on?

1) What is Logis Demonae? Either there's a misprint or a house-ruling, but I can't find anything.
2) You can surgically implement a daemon in someone's body? Wha-bda-du-dee, what?! No ritual, no suppressing the daemon, no daemonhost stuff, no chaotic stuff? Surgically implement a daemon? I am missing smth here. It's, of course, in case we are talking about general understanding of what daemon is.
3) Won't someone who has never been a psyker in the first place simply become a daemonhost or a madman if he's infested with a daemon?

I really hope someone clarifies this for me since I am very interested in anything related to psykers.

Thanks.

On 5/5/2017 at 2:45 PM, vichn said:

Hi there!

A bit of an offtopic question, but could you share what this is based on?

1) What is Logis Demonae? Either there's a misprint or a house-ruling, but I can't find anything.
2) You can surgically implement a daemon in someone's body? Wha-bda-du-dee, what?! No ritual, no suppressing the daemon, no daemonhost stuff, no chaotic stuff? Surgically implement a daemon? I am missing smth here. It's, of course, in case we are talking about general understanding of what daemon is.
3) Won't someone who has never been a psyker in the first place simply become a daemonhost or a madman if he's infested with a daemon?

I really hope someone clarifies this for me since I am very interested in anything related to psykers.

Thanks.

1. It's likely the Logi Daemonis from CA 23

2. No. Again their character concept isn't canonical.

3. Yes, that is literally what a daemonhost is, Implantation or no.