Is there an official source for card listings available?

By tsuma534, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

In the LCG format, the contents of the card packs aren't random.
I was under impression that this allows me to choose which packs I would like to buy for my decks.
But I can't find any card lists on the FFG site.
With unknown contents, these packs might as well be random.

I'm fully aware that there are fan sites gathering this data. But, from what I understand, those rely on the work of volunteers and it's not guaranteed that they will have up-to-date information. It's not even guaranteed that they won't cease to function at some point. I've seen it happen many times to various useful websites.
It doesn't feel right that I need to do a web search to find contents of a nonrandom product. I'm used to finding such information on publisher's website. Is it available somewhere on the FFG or Asmodee sites?

www.cardgamedb.com is the official FFG depository. When you scan the QR code on the back of the pack, it routs you to a URL hosted at that site.

However, even though the various deckbuilding sites which are more popular are fan-run, their reliability is still extremely high. The relatively small size of LCG card pools and the fact that cards aren't reprinted with conflicting iterations of their text means the work load to maintain those databases is still quite low, and fans are swift to pounce on any errors at popular sites. At worst sometimes there is a delay in getting the most recent pack marked as "live" on day of release.

For netrunner, I honestly recommend www.netrunnerdb.com.

Cheers!

Edited by Grimwalker
add'l info
1 hour ago, Grimwalker said:

www.cardgamedb.com is the official FFG depository. When you scan the QR code on the back of the pack, it routs you to a URL hosted at that site.

Thank you! It's been a long time since I was that puzzled.
While the QR code thingy is a nice touch, I buy all my games online. I won't have the opportunity to scan the code until the pack arrives.
But I've heard that there's a great feature that's called hyperlinks. You just click one and it takes you elsewhere in the internet. And it's even faster than scanning a QR code!
It would be nice if at some point such hyperlinks could be included on the product page.
In other words: If cardgamedb is official, then I fail to understand why it's not linked at FFG site. Or is it? I was scouring the site for it but I could have missed it.
Internet is the first place where I'm looking for the links to the internet. I guess it may be time to ask FFG what were they thinking.

Edited by tsuma534

Cardgamedb was a fan site that FFG bought out almost four years ago. They don't really seem to have been inclined to disrupt operations over there and its content is still almost entirely fan-produced articles and podcasts. I think they bought it mostly just because they didn't want to build a card database--if they don't have the expertise or the time at the company to do all that web coding, then it's a pretty simple make-or-buy cost evaluation.

I agree that hyperlinks are a great feature, and when you want them to be accessible to people right when they pick up your product, you can make these special boxes that people can take pictures of with their phone that will take them right to it, and if someone were wondering where a card database is hosted, then they could use this special box to go straight to that website rather than being cantankerous on a web forum.

You're welcome to shout at FFG for not linking it to their home page but honestly they've never been inclined to make their official website much of a player resource beyond a repository for rules and FAQs. The bulk of this site is run by the Marketing department for product announcements and news distribution.

Edited by Grimwalker