Dear Paul and Todd: Please Convince OP to Errata Terminal Network

By ThatJakeGuy, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

As we enter the run-up to Worlds, I, and I'm sure many others as well, and gearing up for both the championship itself, and the four player Skirmish Side Event. I have stumbled upon a problem, though. R2D2 and his command card Terminal Network are really good in four player skirmish games. Network allows R2 to control 6 terminals, meaning that his player gets to draw seven cards while all three of his opponents only draw one. Additionally, on the Hoth map this nets the player 15 victory points.

I would like to propose that in four player Skirmish only, Terminal Network should be changed to read, "->: Use while adjacent to a terminal. Until the start of the next round, you are considered to control that terminal and one other terminal on the map, regardless of other figures adjacent to them."

This wording mirrors the effect that the card would have in a normal two player skirmish. It can even allow the user to gain five points on the Hoth map, but that is not as big a deal as seven cards and 15 points.

I have attempted to talk to FFGOP on my own about this issue, but they have not responded in nearly a week.

I think this is a major balance issue for a side event that I am very excited to play in. I would love to get more voices with me on affecting this change.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy
Fixing link

Seems reasonable.

Personally, I'm not staying for the side event because FFA in general gets pretty dumb no matter what game you're playing. I wish they just had an extra regular tournament instead.

22 minutes ago, DTDanix said:

Seems reasonable.

Personally, I'm not staying for the side event because FFA in general gets pretty dumb no matter what game you're playing. I wish they just had an extra regular tournament instead.

I really wish they had a warmup this year as well as the 4 player. I love multiplayer games as they tend to be bit less intense and more fun. I know I intend to make full use of the taphouse for the 4 player tourney :)

Instead of an errata, we're looking at a straight Ban. Let it be known through all the lands that you are not locked into Rebels by a broken interaction!

Check out @FFGOP's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/859505003496521728?s=09