Showcase: A-wing

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Greetings, everyone!

We worked our way through all of Wave 1. It appears that the TIE Advanced received the least love. That's okay. We can't all be the cool kid...especially in this crowd. Moving on to Wave 2, our showcase for this week will be the Kuat Systems Engineering RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor! I've seen plenty of repaints for this ship, so this should be a good thread.

She's a quick little booger so keep a firm hand on the stick and try to steer clear of Star Destroyer Command Towers!

Back To Index

Edited by Piscopas

This was the first ship I painted when I started playing X-wing so there are things I'd do better now, but sentimentality prevents me from doing more than a touch up.

I've been lucky with this one: every game he's in, his rolls are better than they should be (statistically). My opponents often comment on how their A's never live that long or roll as many hits.

Here is Lucky Streak

0px1hKs.jpg

zWyzGE7.jpg

Edited by Force Majeure

Must... Get... To.. Desktop. And respond! {end.Shatner}

Indigo Squadron, standing by!

toXurK4.jpg

I love my A-Wings. I normally play 150 points and it's a rare Rebel list that can't benefit from a couple of cheap, super fast blockers to get up in everyone's grill. And they're so pretty.

Sweet A-Wing repaints! Almost too nice to put on the table!

Great Re-paints guys :D

here's one of mine

Nice and simple.......for a change !

X%20Wing%20Repaints%2017_zpsqz3zkqn4.jpg

X%20Wing%20Repaints%2016_zpsliklcaq9.jpg

Im really liking the Showcase Files Piscopas :)

All the best,

Barry

A-wings for a recent Hunger Games tournament that my wife and I entered.

20170323_171031_zpstyd74uwr.jpg

Green Squadron A-Wings of mine. Little guys got their share of kills, even shot down a Raider once.

Green1.jpg

And here is closer look on the leader.

Green2.jpg

Somewhat WIP. To a certain extent, stuck for inspiration. Mostly feeling like I don't yet have the skill to translate what's in my head onto the model.

17522609_1141138899345300_87516641470314

2 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

"...feeling like I don't yet have the skill to translate what's in my head onto the model."

Can fully identify with that! :rolleyes: ;)

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:17 AM, Pumpkyre said:

Green Squadron A-Wings of mine. Little guys got their share of kills, even shot down a Raider once.

Green1.jpg

What color is that? My poor brain can't decide if it is grey, green, or blue... (they look amazing in all three colors)

A few pics of Phoenix Squadron I painted recently, been really enjoying my snap, crackle, pop swarm! (Apologies for the terrible lighting)

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Edited by TyrantLord73

Who care's if Awings are in the 40th on the meta jumble list, THEY LOOK SO GOOD! great paint jobs everyone!

Note to self: Don't send ships to recon the Koprulu Sector again

zkeH69r.png

aZQypCf.jpg

I forgot to post my A-wings! Doh!

Viridian Starfighter Group -- Callsign: "Splat"

FullSizeRender-1-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Commission -- Callsign: "Iron Man"

FullSizeRender-e1473519864584.jpg

FullSizeRender-3-e1473519850493.jpg

Commission: Green Squadron Pilot

FullSizeRender.jpg-1-e1474913409226.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg-2-e1474913423805.jpeg

As Always Piscopas....Nice re-paints !

Loving the Iron Man paint scheme.

Red and Gold always work well together......Then again.

So does green and yellow ! :D

All the best,

Barry.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:17 AM, Pumpkyre said:

Green1.jpg

Do you do tutorial videos? I would watch the schiznit out of them if you had some on youtube

:)

20151010_162615_zpsukldfyjf.jpg

20151010_162711_zpsiydecoda.jpg

Edited by LouisCypher

Dude I really like that Ironman one! is there a way to get one?

2 hours ago, BCvalor said:

Pm'd

On 4/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, BCvalor said:

No, it's mine, you can't have one!

(Kidding, it's awesome, if you do commission one, enjoy it!!)

On 28. 3. 2017 at 11:50 PM, ZealuxMyr said:

What color is that? My poor brain can't decide if it is grey, green, or blue... (they look amazing in all three colors)

They're green. "Green Squadron" just didn't sound right with no such color on their fighters :)

On 9. 4. 2017 at 10:14 PM, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Do you do tutorial videos? I would watch the schiznit out of them if you had some on youtube

Unfortunately no, but thank you :) . However, I can provide some pointers:

- I used Citadel colors, with Caliban Green as base color and mix of it and Warpstone Glow for highlights. I used Citadel colors as I had some left from painting WFB. I also used dark green wash.

- In case you have one of those red A-wings, just paint it with the dark green color over the original red one. Then, I applied wash over the green and where needed repaired the green where wash concentrated too much. Following this, I mixed the dark green with light green to highlight the tip, two raised panels, fuselage behing the cockpit and raised lines on engines of the fighter. With the A-wing nose nose, it's better to make several "levels" by steadily adding more light green to the mixture for achieving smooth transition between colors.

- Repair any green smears on grey parts of the fighter. Also, you may higlight those parts as well in the same way as green ones. Plus you may apply some grey on few panels, to add more contrast or assymetry. If needed, you may use some sort of black wash to pronounce lines between panels (the one on the left has wash applied, two other do not for example).

I hope this helps. And if you try some A-wing repaints yourself, that you will post them here :)

On 3/24/2017 at 4:17 AM, Pumpkyre said:

Green1.jpg

Green2.jpg

They should get a Raider kill mark next to their cockpits XD

Rainbow Squadron! I tried to keep these reasonably in line with the two current models, and just heavied-up the weathering and added some personal markings. These were a full squadron commission. UFqq68Q.jpg

Here are my Green Squadron A-wings that were originally posted long, long ago

Greens%20Side_zpsftnvdyor.jpg