Beyond the Wall, Season 4 Episode 00

By Tekwych, in General Discussion

Glad to have you guys back and the conversation with Mercedes O was very fulfilling. Love her work and listening to her as she describes not just the design but the process and designing the process (listen to the cast, it makes sense) As for your future, or more correctly, the podcasts, I hope you can stick it out for another full season. I enjoy your talks with the FFG staff, more with Nate or Mercedes (I'll listen to her discus fonts for an hour) and Learn ti play / strategy / Deck Building never gets old. I love Alex's stats and numbers and don't mind the facts of what the meta is in different parts of the world but I am not a competitive player so entire episodes of tournament interviews might make me think about the fast forward button (I haven't hit it yet)

Have you considered Patreon? Your cast is one I would back without question. I may be silent most of the time but I am listing every (other) week.

Thanks for reaching out, Tekwych!

We have talked a little about Patreon - certainly, The White Book has gone that route (as have many LOTR LCG podcasts). We're still ambivalent - while some of the problems are solved by throwing a little more money at things (a new hosting, a new assembly software), we don't inherently mind doing that ourselves. We've certainly sunk a fair bit in international shipping of prizes, printing our alt-art cards, microphones and other related expenses!

The catch is the things we're not sure we can throw money at, only time; editing (especially for episodes where things under an NDA get discussed and subsequently edited out), scheduling with guests, research.

That said, I know The White Book has taken advantage of 3rd party editing. It's something we want to look into, even if we still have to do our own for episodes touching on more delicate topics (FFG employees, etc).