Integrated Weapons

By Jant Darvus, in Only War Rules Questions

Can't seem to find any information, and not sure this forum is even still alive, but here I go.

Crimson Exemplar Integrated Weapons from the Integrated Weapon Systems advance no longer require ammunition to reload, instead costing him 1 Fatigue level. It requires a -20 Tech-Use Test to remove.

The weapon upgrade Integrated Weapon says that Las Weapons no longer require ammunition or reloads, flame/plasma/melta weapons double clip size (but no information on how they're reloaded). It requires a +10 Tech-Use Test to remove.

Is there any kind of reconciliation on this? Also, any details on whether either integrated weapon form can be used hands-free (since they can be mounted on a mechanical appendage or otherwise attached somewhere)? How do I reload a weapon upgrade integrated weapon? Do weapon upgrade integrated weapons cost me a fatigue level on a jam?

Check Dark Heresy 1 book "The Lathe Worlds" from where Integrated Weapon was copypasted - rules in "TLW" are formulated more clearly, imho.

There's [Integrated] weapon quality, which means it's an implant, but the one feeding from Potentia Coil and with more controls than a few knobs, so there are certain common rules for that. But it's used in two ways:

1. "Integrated Weapon Components" upgrade, which means conversion of an existing handheld weapon into [Integrated], that gives certain advantages.
  2. Specific weapons that are already made as [Integrated].

Phased Plasma Rifle fits under (2). It doesn't need ammunition, because it apparently uses atmospheric gases as the working medium, but it's another, searate weapon of the same general type, rather than a conversion of common plasma gun patterns.