Warlocks Cave: The Cards

By Brando2, in Talisman

I just finished reading the article about the new Warlock's cave cards and I think they will be a good addition to the game. Granted some of the new quests seem ridiculously easy (visit the Cursed Glade) and others surely are harder, but I guess we had that with the old quests as well.

The suggestion to speed up the game (The Warlock Quest Cards can also be used to speed the game along: at the start of the game, each player draws one card at random.) is pretty intreging to me...but maybe could use a little wrinkle. If you decided to go on the random choosing route at the end of the game maybe you could only be able to select from the 4-6 "hardest" quests.

Anyway, thoughts?

It was uncommon to actually even go to the Warlock when we played in 2nd Edition and the 4th edition, it was fairly easy to obtain a Talisman from the Temple, the adventure deck or the Hermit would always come up at some point another player would usually take it off them rather than goto the Warlock.

Now everyone will be giving it a go, a nice little addition.

Yes very easy indeed. Pherhaps one could test to have a more quest heavy game experience. by having players complete all quests (or a agreed number) And then replace all other ways of gaining talisman whit gaining a 2gold (or a spell, or another magic item)