Star Wars: Midnight Squadron [PbP] Shadows Over Veerstown [On Break]

By Aurin, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

The Weequay half-turns as he hears the Twi’lek’s approach, cocking his head over his shoulder. He eyes the blaster in her hand suspiciously, through from the look of it, the gang leader has a permanent scowl on his face. “ What is it you have in mind?

A moment later, a scrappy-looking human male emerges from the warehouse. “ Most of the contents have already been lifted, Wheels . We’re scavenging what’s left and should be good to go in the next few minutes. ” The human pauses when he notices the additional company. “Want me to run these runts off, boss?”

During the conversation, Tycho is able to do a bit of surveillance work. He nonchalantly peers around the corner of the warehouse. The alleyway is barren except for a trio of battered swoops lined up near the entrance to the larger building. Two of the bikes appear to have makeshift baskets strapped to the chassis, presumably filled with freshly stolen goods.

@Kymrel - you can go ahead and make a charm check vs. Wheels' discipline (YYG) as well as a setback (the gang views flattery and niceties as a form of weakness).

@aclarkbr90 and @tom cruise - feel free to propose a roll if there is something in particular that you want to do regarding the swoops...

Sure thing boss. I'll post IC after you let me know how he reacts.

Charm vs gang-banger : 2eA+2eP+1eD+2eC+1eS 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png d-th.png c--.png c--.png s-f.png

Well that was nice. Both Challenge dice coming up blank was a relief.

Three swoops, with more than enough room for a Chadra-Fan in the basket. And they left 'em out, unguarded, just hoping that no one would make off with 'em. Tycho nods discreetly to his allies, hoping they catch his drift before the Weequay or the human react. Then again, maybe Ella could secure them a ride that didn't require robbing the first people they came across. Tycho paused to see if Ella had made inroads, but he kept the swoops in the corner of his eye.

Todak peers around the corner after Tycho. "Oh, what a shame, there are only three single occupancy conveyances. Do you think Ella will ask them if they have any spare speeders they could lend us?" the innocent Chadra-fan asked Tycho. "I suppose if all else fails you three could ride on the pillion and perhaps I can stow myself in the cargo containers..." he added doubtfully, "passenger safety procedures can perhaps be relaxed in the face of such a difficult situation."

Div keeps her voice low, not wanting to attract any attention. "If it was up to me I'd say swipe the swoops and get the hell out of here. But Ella's being all diplomatic, so I guess we wait. Get ready for a fight, though, this might be the best chance we've got."

"What?!" Today looked shocked, "but then they will be trapped in the bombardment!"

"We'll be Bantha fodder too if we don't get blue-tailed quick," quips Tycho. "They know the risks, hunting Imperials in the midst of a raid."

Edited by aclarkbr90

Todak looked anxiously between his two comrades, and frowned, but said nothing more.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:06 PM, Kymrel said:

Still waiting on some sort of resolution for my check...

@Kymrel - you succeeded in your charm check so the Weequay is open to answering questions... go ahead and fire away! Gents - apologies for the long hiatus. I've been traveling a ton for work the last couple of weeks. I'm going to try to get one post per week for the next two then return to our two posts per week form. Sorry for stalling the momentum :(

Wheels, the Weequay gang leader, shifts uncomfortably as he watches the teal-colored Twi'lek carefully. His rough features soften as Ella speaks, though the scowl returns as soon as it vanished. " Well, out with it. What is it that you have in mind? We're busy around here. "

Thinking fast, Ella decides that the looters must have some sort of transport available. And they don't seem like the nice types who'd let the four fugitives hitch a ride. "Listen, we got into a fight with a patrol of Stormtroopers a couple of blocks from here. We killed a couple, but then two more showed up and we had to run. We have a speeder loaded with food and home-brewed hooch ready to go, but they Imperials are between us and our speeder. I'm wounded and my friends wouldn't know which end of the blaster to hold, so we can't take them on. If you and your men can take out the two troopers we'll split the loot we have with you. They'll be here any minute, it's better for you to ambush them if you head past that building, into the alley. We'll let them see us here and pretend to run to lure them in and you can flank them. Easy."

Ella is assuming the gang-bangers have a transport nearby so she is trying to get them to clear out and move far enough away for us to nick their ride. The story given should be fairly reasonable. We were in a scuffle with troopers, and Ella has the wound to prove it. Also she is using the greed of the gang-members against them, who can resist more loot, especially when some of it consists of alcohol? I'm hoping this might give me a boost or two to the inevitable Deception check...

"Shooting just not my thing," said Tycho. "But put me in a speeder and I'll be able to make tracks." Tycho edged closer to Ella and turned his shoulder to whisper.

"Easy Ella," whispers Tycho, loudly enough so that the Weequay could hear, but quiet enough that it looked like he was trying not to be heard. "Do you really intend to share all six canisters of tibannia gas we found? Maybe we could just let them think we only have two? They are all currently stashed in the glove compartment, though if we get to the speeder first, we could slip four of them under the seat. A single canister is more than enough to cover their costs."

Hopefully they think the "speeder" is worth going after without us, giving us time to make a break for their bikes.

Good news and bad news! Bad news is two weeks went by without a post to which I plead for your forgiveness. The good news is that the two weeks are now past us with the travel whatnot, and I'm getting back on track now! Post will come early next week. Looking forward to getting going again.

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Very good! I was worried for a moment there.

Hey folks! It's become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that real life has got the best of me and I don't have enough time to run two PbP games and as such, I'm going to have to put this one on hiatus until further notice.

I am going to continue running My Kind of Scum and for those of you still interested may potentially have space to pick up as we've had a PC drop (and could potentially increase # of PCs).

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's understandable. I'll be here if you feel like picking up later.