Is anyone upset that the Rune Wars Miniatures game is called Rune Wars?

By Silidus, in Runewars

It seems odd, since the Miniatures game would fit more on the scale of BattleLore rather than RuneWars, and by doing so, it seems like we wont see a 2nd Edition or expansion for the RuneWars (board game) ever.

I think they're going to re release Runewars the Boardgame as RuneAge the board game and give it a 2.0 upgrade (and with any luck, dwarves and orcs this time). They've pulled RuneAge off the product page, and with the push on the mini's game, they're probably going to rebrand this board game. If this comes to pass, I hope I love the 2.0 as much as I do the original, as much as I've loved the new iterations of Twilight Imperium. That's just my guess, and yours is as good as mine, but that's what I've got given the facts.

(Also, I'm still holding to hope that they make Latari for Battle Lore)

Opposite is true, think about it (of course only if the minature game becomes a sucess)

Battle lore is gone, no elves there

How is the opposite true? They have indeed pulled Rune age from the site map. Battle lore has both a game and an app, and since RW the minis game has been announce, we've seen battle lore sales increase at my local shops.

I think RWMG will give expansions for more than one Runebound FFG games.
Descent, Battlelore, Runebound...
lol I dont think Battlelore is gone, cause there are no elves there.
FFG hasn't announced anything like that.

Anyway RWMG in my opinion will not kill our Runebound games, lots of its content will be added to our games.
Im getting myself ready to buy my new expansions ;) .

As for Runewars its a good game. It released in 2011 and got one expansion in 2011 Banners of War.
In 2013 the Revised Edition. I hope after 4 years that a second edition will come for this game.