New DOW Minis!!

By aarondpjames, in Wings of War

I saw these over on BoardGameGeek and though you all may like to see them.

pic398727_md.jpg

pic404246_md.jpg

The Spitfire

pic404247_md.jpg

The F4F Wildcat

Although the minis are going to be 1-196 scale (Smaller then we're used to) the detail looks really good.

Code Plane Pilot Squadron Country
. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I Squadron Leader Eric Clive Le Mesurier 1416 Flight Royal Air Force Great Britain
. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II Flight Lieutenant Adolphe Vybral 312 Squadron Royal Air Force Great Britain
. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II Flying Officer Jan Falkowski 315 Squadron Royal Air Force Great Britain
. Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 Leutnant Werner Mölders JG53 Luftwaffe Germany
. Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 Hauptmann Wilhelm Balthasar JG27 Luftwaffe Germany
. Messerschmitt BF109 E-4 Oberst Adolf Galland JG26 Luftwaffe Germany
. Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen Chusa Tadashi Kaneko 6° Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu Japan
. Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen Heiso Saburo Sakai Tainan Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu Japan
. Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen Daisa Saburo Shindo 1° Koku Kantai – 1° Koku Sentai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu Japan
. Grummann F4F-3 Wildcat Major Robert Edward Galer VMF-224 United States Marine Corps USA
. Grummann F4F-3 Martlet III Lieutenant-Commander Alan F. Black No. 805 Naval Air Squadron Fleet Air Arm USA
. Grummann F4F-4 Wildcat Pilot Hamilton McWorther VF-29 US Navy USA

This looks to be what the first series of minis is going to be. So just like the WW1 models, they are all going to be from different flying squadrons, which should make for a bit more colour/varaition in the game.

Enjoy!!

thanks for the update those look really great i cant wait happy.gif

Those look great, AND I like the pilot mix. I've always had a soft spot for JG26 and USMC aviators.

Springtime for the release?

Fantastic!!

I am just waiting a look-like deluxe set(like for WoW) to buy.

Anyone knows when they 'hit' stores(in Europe)?

I'm actually more excited about these minis than of WWI minis. I think these will be more fun to play than the WWI minis.

In a word:

WANT.

Also saw this over on Board Game Geek,

Painting experiment on a prototype for Falkowski's Spitfire.

pic410738_md.jpg

Enjoy!!

More stuf off of Board Game Geek, just to wet your appetite!!

pic425610.jpg

Factory prototype of Vybral's Spitfire.

pic420765_md.jpg

Grummann F4F-3 Wildcat Machinist Mate Donald F. Runyon VF-6 United States Marine Corps (from WW2 Miniatures, Series 1bis)

They're really cool!

I agree with who prefers these to WWI ones (a part from the red baron wich i like)

Minis are great, but does anyone know when we'll be getting an actual full expansion for WWII?

i dont know exactly when but its supposed to be this year its called Fire From the Sky

hope they come up with more fleet air arm stuff like seafires,F6F hellcats,F4U corsairs,stringbags (swordfish),TBM avengers,baracudas,even something stupid like a skua LOL.after all the last plane shot down in ww2 was an A6M by a RN seafire Mk 3 from H.M.S. INDEFATIGABLE. as was the last allied plane shot was a seafire from the same ship and squadron by an A6M.

And have look at the Mitsubishi Zero Fighter :

image260537_1g8xq.jpg

Jonz said:

Fantastic!!

I am just waiting a look-like deluxe set(like for WoW) to buy.

Anyone knows when they 'hit' stores(in Europe)?

Maybe july for serie 1 and october for serie 2...

Bit... may add 2 or 3 months to official realese date... gui%C3%B1o.gif