Sandbags, pillboxes etc.

By maverick_60, in Tide of Iron

Does anybody know if there is and where to find some modificated pillboxes and sandbags. I mean for example some overlays on card or paper, that u can cut out and glue together to get 3D stuff.... I tried to do them myself, but didnt get the result that satisfied me

I don't think you make a pill box at all... but an entrenchment you could make clay breaking it into small pieces, layer them together, and bake them shortly to harden...

The plastic ring which is left on the typical 2 liter plastic coke bottle after twisting off the cap, can be cut off and cut in half to make 2 semi circular rings. Its just enough larger than the infantry squad base to fit around it loosely, and just about high enough to give the impression of a 3d improved position. The white colored ones can be used as is or painted.

The white plastic clips that are used for plastic bags containing bread, rolls etc., are an easy source of plastic that is easy to cut and bend 90 degrees to form an L shaped wall or a 3 sided wall with a slot for AT gun. Do your part for the environment. Make pillboxes today. and save the landfill from plastic.All unused plastic should be sent to FFG, and be molded into new units for upcoming TOI expansions.

I wish that the printed hex tile for entrenchment had the entrenchment sandbags printed along the edge of the tile rather than in the center.

duplicate message deleted

I made pillboxes by gluing old, round Games Workshop miniatures bases on top of each other, punchuing some firing holes into the thing and painting it gray.

All my attemtpts at making sandbag positions failed.

Nowadays I play on enlarged maps and just us the pre-painted fortifications from Flames of War (GF9, respectivley. Works fine.

Another alternative are the pillboxes from Axis & Allies miniatures and the sandbags from Memoir '44. Memoir also provides barbed wire and tank obstacles.

I replaced all the tank traps and sandbag entrenchments and razor wire with those from Memoir 44 . Mem doesnt get played much anymore so may as well put the pieces to good use !