SoC quest: The Archive

By Sadgit, in Road to Legend

I just finished the quest The Archive and like to share a couple of observations that might or might not be bugs. Other things that happened are not covered by the rules, I think. Beware, some spoilers ahead!

1. I freed the Ironbound before killing the other monsters in the secret room tile (changelings). When I was washed to the next set of tiles, the changelings where still on the monster tracker but the app gave no indication where they should be placed. Also, I did not see where The Archive should be placed. Did I just miss it?

2. To my big surprise in the middle of this quest transition to Act 2 took place! As usual, I was told to put Act I monster cards back to into the box and use Act II version from now on. Are monster cards in play (Mirklace in my case) immediately replaced? What about The Archive? Is his Monster card replaced, too? What happens to damage tokens on his card?

3. Can the Archive use his Protect ability on heroes?

4. After the transition to Act II suddenly The Archive activated as a usual monster, instructing me to attack heroes. See this screenshot. A bug?

oqz8Pwy.png

Hi!

I played the quest a few days ago and was also a bit confused, although i liked the ideas and mechanics behind it.

1. The App told me to place the Changelings and the Archive on any waterspace on tile 49 (the big one from the trollfens expansion)

2. This was for me a huge surprise too! I handled it that way, that i just exchanged the Monstercards and let anything else the same.

3. I played it that way. I guess, that is the sense of getting an Archive, that is an Ironbound.

4. I can't remember whether this happend or not. But that seems pretty strange.

For me the biggest confusions created the behaviour of merklace. How did you play the engage Action? I can see what the purpose behind is... pulling all heroes near to merklace, then transition to Act II, then doing massive AoE Attacks and whiping the whole group... at least, that happend to me...

but does a hero get 2 Actions in merklace turn or just one?

1. There is a brief mention in the App to place all the heroes and monsters on water square... no specific squares are highlighted, it's just at the players discretion on how to position them I guess...

2. Every time I've played this scenario (twice now) the transition has happened in the secret room with changelings (and the archive) on the board. The first time I didn't change the active monsters, the second time I did, figuring that "replace all Act I Monster cards" includes the ones on the table...

3. I would go with yes... but in-App clarification would be nice.

4. That is totally a bug(!) This scenario is hard enough without the Archive attacking the Heroes too! I've only ever seen his normal "attack or move" activation.

Edited by maxam

1. What maxam said

2. I would check in that. Transition mid quest is really strange. If it occurs, I guess a monster cards would be replaced. Damage would stay (health remaining would change).

3. Worth an official question.

4. I'm not certain that's a bug, but it's at least out of character for the archive.