Star Wars: Midnight Squadron [PbP] Session Zero

By Aurin, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATON - CYBOT GALACTICA - ARAKYD INDUSTRIES

REMOTES - DROIDS - ALL MAKES AND MODELS - AVAILABLE NOW at QUALITY DROIDS WAREHOUSE

The Imperial factory in the resettlement zone on Torque is a dangerous place. Though the Empire cares little for the lives of its slaves and prisoners, the overseers still understand that its not good practice to have too many worker deaths. It simply gets expensive. Thus, the overseers have tasked the mechanics team with maintaining a full unit of remotes and droids to assist with the management of the machines. Rather than investing in high quality, durable droids, the overseers prefer cheap, replaceable tech. Every few weeks, one of the overseers visits the capital city to replace the droids that have burnt up due to the factory's heat or have broken due to overuse. The overseers typically bring along one of the mechanics to ensure that their purchases match the factory's needs. Recently, this task has fallen to Tycho.

The factory relies on the droid dealer Tarly Keggle , a Duros shopkeeper. Tarly has a large warehouse that he maintains with the help of several droid assistance. The warehouse carries droids and remotes from just a few major manufacturers, including Industrial Automaton, Cybot Galactica, and Arakyd Industries. The Duros is a smart enough entrepreneur to know that the smaller cap manufacturers likely wouldn't sell on an Outer Rim world in the Gordian Reach. Tarly is pleased to have business from the resettlement camp, but the Imperial overseers tend to be rude and abrasive.

Tycho has used his visits to the warehouse to chat with Tarly about local politics and the lay of the capital city. Like Tycho, Tarly is frustrated to be a spacer without a ship. Tarly lost both of his legs in an accident years ago, and can no longer pilot (he now is restricted to a hoverchair). He accepts his place, but wishes he could have one last great adventure. Tycho has gotten to know the old spacer in his visits to the warehouse. The Duros has more than his fair share of stories of space adventures, though he regrets that he will most likely never leave the planet again.

DurosRetired.jpg

Edited by aclarkbr90
Adding picture (and correcting from Duro to Duros)

Todak is not from Torque, he spent most of his life towards the core. He has travelled, but mostly for work and is not particularly knowledgeable about the galaxy at large. Instead he was more focused on work. He trained at the University of Bar'leth studying Mechanical Engineering, but his career has meandered. His most recent job before his arrest was for Merr-Sonn Industrial Equipment. His only link to Torque before ending up interred there is the coincidence that a fellow graduate of the University of Bar'leth, with whom he shared several classes, is now working in the Torque Transport Ministry. They weren’t particularly close friends outside of University but they got on well in class and enjoyed working together.

Here's what I had written up. Could probably do with a little expansion, might add to it later.

SNfIi3y.jpg

Growing up alongside Div in the slums of Capital City, Eno travelled a path very much parallel to the young racer. While Div was pursuing fortune and fame as a racer, Eno was focused on the darker side of the city’s underworld, falling into the Gray Syndicate in his teenage years as hired muscle, and clambering his way up the ranks over the years. Thick as thieves, they've stayed close allies and friends from a young age, and it's entirely likely Div would be an upstanding Imperial citizen if not for the Rodian's influence.

Div and Eno became closely entangled through the mutual rise of their careers, with Eno acting as a point of contact for Div to procure sponsorship, parts, and everything else she needed to propel her success. This became quite the symbiotic relationship for the Syndicate, bolstering their bookie operations and letting them get a cut of some considerable winnings, something they’re likely lamenting the loss of now that Div’s been swept up in the city’s anti-crime initiative.

These days, Eno sits as one of the organisation’s more prominent enforcers, a man with considerable connections for his relatively young age.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm doing some final planning and should be able to kick us off at the back half of this week. Stay tuned!

Sweet, looking forward to it.

Same here!

Ok, I've bought my starting gear since Aurin said we should. I haven't rolled up my d100 starting credits though because I'm to sure how we're doing dice in this game yet.

Todak has no weapons, because he's not the sort of person who would keep a concealed weapon whilst imprisoned (I did look at the Tool-Weapons from Special Modifications but they're crazy expensive).

Fusion Cutters (AoR) are actually super cheap (175 credits) and super effective as an improvised weapon (5 damage, crit 3, breach 1, burn 3, sunder, vicious 3). They aren't much worse than an unmodded lightsaber. Since they are improvised, they would generate one automatic threat. I suppose as a weak, nimble Chadra-Fan you were probably actually going for the ranged tools though, which are more expensive.

Aurin was also into the idea of Tycho crafting his own slugthrower per the SM crafting rules (which saved me 50 credits and is more fitting to the story - its made from scraps that he salvaged from busted machines in the camp).

Speed update - waiting on one thing (hopefully get it by tomorrow) if not I'll post on Friday regardless!

21 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

I suppose as a weak, nimble Chadra-Fan you were probably actually going for the ranged tools though, which are more expensive.

Oh my yes. Brawn 1. Definitely not keen to get into melee with anyone ever.

In case anybody didn't see it, the thread started!

@Aurin Is there an OOC thread that I haven't spotted? How would you like us to attempt rolls or do OOC discussion & questions?

Thanks for updating everyone, @aclarkbr90 ! I knew that I forgot something :)

As for OOC thread, I tend to do it in the game thread, using quotation to breakout the information. Feel free to ask questions there!