Set 5 Discussion

By Ecomics21, in Hollow Bastion

I'm sure most of you have already read the stats for set 5 by now...and I want to know.

What are your first thoughts on it?

Besides it's epic AWESOMES!!

I've already 3-4 deck ideas into it, 'n that's includin cards you haven't seen yet..

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh, 'n fear the powah of the Gullwings trio! YRP, GO!

I'd love to build a timeless river deck, except it gets screwed by villains. i guess thats what goofy is for.

With this set, Dark decks are somthing to be afraid of now. Using Land Of The Dragons lvl 1 with Shan Yu Lvl 6 or Storm Rider Lvl 7 means they are instantly up there, locking the field within a few turns.

Plus id use that Kairi card cuz goddamn cute factor. Plus Stich seems super useful.

My deck is strong with Mulan and Mushu so thier new lvls and technique are somthing id totally slip into my deck

The Theme deck is definitely coming into it's own with this set....a Land of Dragons or Timeless River deck could really be great.

I'd still go with Riku 3 and WTTD aggro though...the control got good with this set as well.

The riku lv 2 seems to be wanting...kind of a lame effect compared to stage 3. Stage one is kinda cool, what with the game inspired ansem power borrowing.

And the storm rider is lovely =)

Leigh said:

The riku lv 2 seems to be wanting...kind of a lame effect compared to stage 3. Stage one is kinda cool, what with the game inspired ansem power borrowing.

And the storm rider is lovely =)

With Set 5 Riku lvl1, you can reach an effective attack of 45. Of course, with a couple of control cards, he plummets right back down to 4, but still. 3 Ansems equipped means +27 to his attack, bringing him to 31, if he can manage to get Sephiroth out, that's another constant +9 when challenging, bringing him up to 40, and with Kairi lvl 3, he goes up (Effectively) to 45. Not counting DiZ. So unless you can win quickly, you're doomed against Riku.

I'd so put stitch in my deck, maybe monochrome as a last resort type card. And while riku could reach epic power levels, sora valor form with gulllwing and another strong equip card plus YRP would be devastating!

oh i totaly agree about the YRP and valor! With Two equipments, plus all three of those attached you've got a real powerhouse. then you can back him up with friends and attack cards to boost it even further, it seems like an amazing combination, but it would definately take a while to use. you would need to use some effective quick cards to get them all into your hand faster. I would Definently use these in my deck.

I've already made a World Runnin deck which will prolly get me hit for winnin so quickly.

'N if not that, it can switch effectively to Aggro to chip away at people's HP quickly as well.

These are some very fun cards, indeed!