What is status of game? What should I buy if I want start now?

By AlexGi, in Warhammer Invasion Community

Hello mina-san,

I found on my game shelf box with core Wh:In and few booster packs from same period. So can I still play with old one and new ones in same game? What I should consider to buy?

Warhammer: Invasion is entirely out of print. All the product you will find is either old shelfwarmer stock or else on the aftermarket.

but I hear it's good, and anything branded "Warhammer Invasion" is going to be compatible.

Yes there were never any different editions of the game so anything you can find to buy will be compatible, though different packs will contain more or less or the various army races. As stated above, the game is finished and out of print, so leftover stock or second-hand products will be the main way to buy now.

Generally speaking, the "big box" expansions have better value in terms of cards. Also, the earliest small expansions didnt have complete full playsets (they changed this after the first cycle or two). But if you want to enjoy the game by buying more, just buy whatever you can get your hands on. People sometimes sell sets on cardgamedb.com in the sales section if you want to hunt out a good deal on second hand stuff.

Best of luck.

Edited by alexbobspoons

I've got a reasonable size collection for sale from the early days of the game.

Thank you very much for answers.

I was in a similar boat. Loved the game. Limited people to play with. I just made a list suggesting deck builds so this can be produced as "out of the box" to hook up with friends, like you would for any standard board game. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.