Super fast questions! Building workers, goes against unit limit?

By ishinken, in StarCraft

1.When you build a worker does it count towards unit building limit? Same with transports ..

2.. if a planet has 2 conquest points areas on the same planet do you need one unit on each of them to get the points at end of combat?

3. isnt it a bit too fast the way the "clock" works? You can skip an order and get an event card, also if you are blocked you can draw one. And when you research. doesnt this mean you go to phase 3 ultra fast and that protoss players could just stand still and keep drawing event cards to get their victory condition working?

The event card called Reinforcements says you can put 2 units in a friendly or empty area. what are the limitations for this? can you put the units basically anywhere including an empty space in an opponents base on a completely different planet? And can you get other units than what you have yourself? it says gain a hydra and a ultra, or a zealot and a archon, or a siege tank and a marine?

sorry for many posts but dont find edit button.'

what is the point in the concept of "the more players, the fewer event cards"? The more players the more event cards are drawn and that just ends the game too fast ?

Type. On the faction sheet it says that Queen of blades needs to control 3 areas with Victory points but in everyones reference sheets it says 4

ishinken said:

1.When you build a worker does it count towards unit building limit? Same with transports ..

2.. if a planet has 2 conquest points areas on the same planet do you need one unit on each of them to get the points at end of combat?

3. isnt it a bit too fast the way the "clock" works? You can skip an order and get an event card, also if you are blocked you can draw one. And when you research. doesnt this mean you go to phase 3 ultra fast and that protoss players could just stand still and keep drawing event cards to get their victory condition working?

1. No and no.

2. You get the conquest points in the regrouping phase, but yes, you must have a base or unit on an area to gain conquest points from it.

3. This is a major part of the strategy for this game.

4. They can go in any friendly or empty area. You can't put them on an enemy's base, because that is neither friendly nor empty, but you could put them in an empty area on the same planet as an enemy base. You can only get units available to your faction. Furthermore, other units would do you no good, because you would have no combat cards for them.

5. There are more cards in the event deck the more players there are. I don't know how the math works out, but it works fine.

6. This has been covered in the errata. It should be 3, as is listed on the faction sheet.

broken said:

5. There are more cards in the event deck the more players there are. I don't know how the math works out, but it works fine

hmmm yes you are right. sorry. hours of rule reading and over 40 pages of back and forthing has made my head mush. though I really felt it was very little cards for a 4 player game. there would be a total of 20 cards before Phase III cards start showing up. Many times players got "burried" in orders leaving them no options to do anything making them draw event cards. Or the combination with research + skipping orders making the phase III cards show up in just a few rounds (3-4)

ishinken said:

though I really felt it was very little cards for a 4 player game. there would be a total of 20 cards before Phase III cards start showing up. Many times players got "burried" in orders leaving them no options to do anything making them draw event cards. Or the combination with research + skipping orders making the phase III cards show up in just a few rounds (3-4)

I quess it was the intention of game designers to make game stages shorter with more players (remember, the more players in game, the longer it becomes). And I must admit it works very well - in smaller games players can focus on battles instead of other ways to victory.

If you want to play longer and more demanding games with >3 players, just use Galactic Conquest Variant (no normal and special victory). Or modify its rules to your needs.

ishinken said:

broken said:

5. There are more cards in the event deck the more players there are. I don't know how the math works out, but it works fine

hmmm yes you are right. sorry. hours of rule reading and over 40 pages of back and forthing has made my head mush. though I really felt it was very little cards for a 4 player game. there would be a total of 20 cards before Phase III cards start showing up. Many times players got "burried" in orders leaving them no options to do anything making them draw event cards. Or the combination with research + skipping orders making the phase III cards show up in just a few rounds (3-4)

There are a total of 25 each for Stage I and Stage II event cards, at game setup you take out 10 from each for a 4 player game, leaving 15 Stage I and 15 Stage II for a total of 30 event cards before Stage III. In the expansion it's (28-11) * 2 = 34 event cards before Stage III in a 4 player game. Maybe you are doing it wrong?

you are right... ****. The way I read it was that the "take out 10 cards" meant "take out and USE 10 cards". Not "remove 10 out of the 25" :/