WWI or WWII... Which one to pick?

By player669359, in Wings of War (WWII)

I have no ideas about this game, and now plan to have one, however I am not sure which one to pick?

Does WWI and WWII two different games? Or just differs from the kinds of fighters included?

Does the game hard to learn? Which one should I take first?

Hope to get advance from yours, thanks!

Iamafool said:

I have no ideas about this game, and now plan to have one, however I am not sure which one to pick?

Does WWI and WWII two different games? Or just differs from the kinds of fighters included?

Does the game hard to learn? Which one should I take first?

Hope to get advance from yours, thanks!

Really is personal choice. They are two seperate games and cannot be played togehter as they have slightly different mechanics.

I would say start with the WWII delux set which you can find for $50 or less. The reason I say this is it is a great deal. You get everything that comes in a box set that retails for $30 plus 4 minis which retail for $12/ea. The delux set also includes some new rules. All the rules can be found on the FF site if you would like to read them first before you decide.

As for difficulty my 10 yr old daughter enjoys both and has played since she was 8 along with my two boys and I. The great thing about each games is you can start with the basic rules and then add optional rules to make it as challenging as the players want it to be,

Be careful it is a slippery slope especially once you get your first mini. ;)

HTH,

Aaron

While the cavalier answer is of course: both gui%C3%B1o.gif

...I suspect you're looking for something more constructive.

They are both excellent games that share very similar mechanics. I would suggest getting the one whose history and aircraft interest you more!

Thank you for your suggestion =)

In case, these two games are in the same serie but not compactable with each other. I just think about which one will fit our group most. If there only a little bit difference between their mechanism, I will probably ask them to make a vote.

Thanks once again ! =)

I would encourage you to at least read the basic rules for both games which can be found here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=24&esem=4

You will see they are similar, but different. If you go with minis the WWI and WWII planes are in different scales as well. Both games play great, but there is currently more available for WWI.

IMO, WWI is better for battles with a small number of players. Even with one on one a dogfight is possible because the planes more slower and turn faster. WWII you need to have at least two on two to have a decent dogfight and even more is better. With both games a single person caqn easily control two planes.

My prefernce is WWII most because I have more familiarity with the planes and history. With that said this past week we played a few games of WWI after taking a long break from it and found it very fun.

Like I said before it is a sipplery slope, if you get one do not be surprised if you hav the desire to get the other in time. gui%C3%B1o.gif

HTH,

Aaron

Hmm, both good games. I personally prefer WW1 but whatever works best for you is something only you can decide.

A tip however is that WW1 works better with few players, WW2 gets more fun the more you are (or at least that is my opinion).

There is also a lot more official models and expansions for WW1 right now.

And I really recommend miniatures, it makes the game a lot more fun. If you plan to play WW2 you will probably need to buy some from another manufacturer also.

It is also a good idea to talk with potential players you know, if some just want to play one setting it might be a good idea to play that since the game is more fun the more you are.