Bizzarre character contest.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

In what little tile we have left here let's do a bixxare (yet possible if only just) charcter contest.

I'd like to suggest a ratling inquisitor.

8 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

In what little tile we have left here let's do a bixxare (yet possible if only just) charcter contest.

I'd like to suggest a ratling inquisitor.

A ratling inquisitor? What ordo is he with? Ordo Minimus? Ordo Gluttenous? :D

It certainly would be interesting. Altough I already have found a way to kill him: poisonous caltrops. (like stepping on a lego, but poisonous) Seriously you effin hobbits, wear shoes! And that goes for DEldar wyches to!

Alcoholic sniper. Not my idea, but somebody over on the Only War forum had rolled up a guard sniper with the alcoholism drawback. And I think that's just briljant.

"Only two ways to look at the world, trough the bottom of a bottle of amasec, or trough the scope of my long las."

"I had the man dead in my sights. I aimed for the right head and missed. I should have aimed for the left one. Seeing double sucks when you are on a mission."

"The worst part of delerium tremmes is seeing horrible monsters come trough the walls. Not that I'm scared or anything. It's just hard to tell the real chaos daemons from the alcohol induced ones."

"Worst mission ever? Fighting noise marines when you have a hangover."

I actual had some ideas for an imperial cleric(not "proper" ecclesiarchy, but a priest of a local tollerated sect.) who was actually a wyrd and explained his powers and any perils of the warp as miracles of the Emperor.

4 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

A ratling inWhat ordo is he with? Ordo nokia Minimus? Ordo Gluttenous? :D

It certainly would be interesting. Altough I already have found a way to kill him: poisonous caltrops. (like stepping on a lego, but poisonous) Seriously you effin hobbits, wear shoes! And that goes for DEldar wyches to!

Are you kidding? Do you know how effective a weapon ratling foot odor is? :lol:

on a more serious note, a young ratling may end up in an inquisitor's retinue and displays a real drive to fight chaos after seeing it's terrible truth, and shows a very Strong ability to resist chaos' corruption, plus a real hat e for it. He works hard and presto! Inquisitor Purefoot, the incorruptible.

Edited by Professor Tanhauser
7 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

Are you kidding? Do you know how effective a weapon ratling foot odor is? :lol:

on a more serious note, a young ratling may end up in an inquisitor's retinue and displays a real drive to fight chaos after seeing it's terrible truth, and shows a very Strong ability to resist chaos' corruption, plus a real hat e for it. He works hard and presto! Inquisitor Purefoot, the incorruptible.

I can actualy see that happpening. Also the enemy won't see it comming. Ratling accolite, sure . Ratling Inquisitor now that's impressive.

Chaos cultist #1: "There he is, the inquisitor we've been sent to kill."

Chaos cultist #2: "Where? behind the ratling?"

Chaos cultist #1: "It is the ratling!"

Now how about an Ogryn inquisitor?

No wait, that's just a bad idea...

Reformed traitor Astartes. Not a blackshield or anything like that, but a former traitor who realized the error of his ways, broke his allegiance with the Chaos gods and now roams the galaxy as a one-man badass army doing good in random places.

4 hours ago, pearldrum1 said:

Reformed traitor Astartes. Not a blackshield or anything like that, but a former traitor who realized the error of his ways, broke his allegiance with the Chaos gods and now roams the galaxy as a one-man badass army doing good in random places.

That's actually in my head canon what the legion of the dammned (should be) are. The spirits of vengeance of the loyalists who where killed by their own brothers on Istvaan III.

Edited by Robin Graves

That is a solid head canon. Spirits of the betrayed made manifest by the Emperor after he found their souls swimming in the Warp looking for vengeance. That's metal.

34 minutes ago, pearldrum1 said:

That is a solid head canon. Spirits of the betrayed made manifest by the Emperor after he found their souls swimming in the Warp looking for vengeance. That's metal.

Hell yeah! Everything about those guys is metal. Only way to get close to that amount of metal in 40k is combining space wolves with noise marines! RAWK! \m/ ;)

Oh and in my headcanon the emperor has nothing to do with it, it's the sheer rage of being so totaly betrayed by their brothers and genefathers that brought them back as unquiet avenging revenants.* It beats them being the Fire Hawks who got mutated/lost in the warp (srsly? do the LotD look like mutants to you?) altough recent fluff makes no mention of it so I think their origin is being retconned to total mystery again. Wich is good.

You can actually play them in death watch if your GM alows it, but your character has to die first, so it's almost like the Harrowed from Deadlands.

* edit: Just had an idea pop in my head: In the HH novels when the traitors unleash the life eater virus against their erstwile brothers, one of the dreadnoughts (cradeling a heavily wounded marine in it's arms no less!) overloads his reactor saying: "This is our death. We choose it, not you!" He's the first one who arose as a spirit of vengeance.

Edited by Robin Graves

Half-Eldar Space Marine Chief Librarian!

Oh, wait, 1st Edition 40K actually had that...

Why is this awesome topic in Deathwatch? It fits any WH setting.
---
My concept is not about the whole character, but hope this fits the topic.

I had a psyker character once. On his first mission at the final encounter one dice ruled it all - he got a 7th critical in a head by plasma pistol unavoided by FP.
After that, being subconsciously scared of being close to death, if he ever had to burn FP to avoid lethal damage, he manifested uncotrollable psychic powers and three dice were rolled. First dice picked any target (even an ally) in sight, second dice picked any psychic discipline (tele/pyro/etc.) and third dice picked any spell of that discipline.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try this since that party disbanded. It would have been interesting to cast Holocaust on your allies.

Edited by vichn
4 hours ago, vichn said:

My concept is not about the whole character, but hope this fits the topic.
Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try this since that party disbanded. It would have been interesting to cast Holocaust on your allies.

And that's why the party disbanded... :D

I'm not gonna die

I'm not gonna die

I'm not gonna die

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor tetsuo akira animated gif

Would be awesome tough.

Mondus Masticate , The Twice Betrayed. The Last Librarian. Ex World Eaters . Sorcerer of Tzeentch

Mondus was the last remaining librarian of the World Eaters legion, who willingly followed his primarch in rebellion against the Emperor. Mondus was not part of the WE forces that accompanied Angron to Nuceria where Angron became a daemon primarch and ordered all psykers within his legion be put to death. He was aboard a smaller vessel delayed by warpstorms when the order came. When his berzerk brothers came for him, Mondus decided he wouldn't go down quietly. Roaring betrayal he unleashed his full psychic might on his fellow World Eaters. Pushing himself to his utmost limits he lost control of his powers and opened a vortex into the realm of chaos. Within the blink of an eye he was snatched from the deck of the "Crimson Path" by the lord of change called M'ocx Kha-Naghar who demaned he swear alligance to the changer of ways in return for saving his life and the chance to avenge himself on his former legion. Mondus agreed.

Mondus knows he wasn't saved for some great future purpose. He knows hes but a pawn, like all who serveTzeench. He even suspects his continued existence is no more than a joke at Khorne... after all, not all WE joined the blood god, one still remains who serves a different master. This knowledge has made made Mondus even more more bitter and spitefull.

Yes I once made a World Eaters (not a Khorneate one mind) sorcerer, because I could and I like me some special snowflakes. :)

Edited by Robin Graves
On 2/16/2017 at 5:01 AM, Robin Graves said:

Now how about an Ogryn inquisitor?

No wait, that's just a bad idea...

Hmm, an ogryn of unusual base intelligence who responded very well to the bonehead treatment....

I could see him serving an inquisitor who is gradually fading in ability with age, and who comes to rely on him more and more until he becomes an inquisitor in all but name.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, Robin Graves said:

Mondus Masticate , The Twice Betrayed. The Last Librarian. Ex World Eaters . Sorcerer of Tzeentch

Mondus was the last remaining librarian of the World Eaters legion, who willingly followed his primarch in rebellion against the Emperor. Mondus was not part of the WE forces that accompanied Angron to Nuceria where Angron became a daemon primarch and ordered all psykers within his legion be put to death. He was aboard a smaller vessel delayed by warpstorms when the order came. When his berzerk brothers came for him, Mondus decided he wouldn't go down quietly. Roaring betrayal he unleashed his full psychic might on his fellow World Eaters. Pushing himself to his utmost limits he lost control of his powers and opened a vortex into the realm of chaos. Within the blink of an eye he was snatched from the deck of the "Crimson Path" by the lord of change called M'ocx Kha-Naghar who demaned he swear alligance to the changer of ways in return for saving his life and the chance to avenge himself on his former legion. Mondus agreed.

Mondus knows he wasn't saved for some great future purpose. He knows hes but a pawn, like all who serveTzeench. He even suspects his continued existence is no more than a joke at Khorne... after all, not all WE joined the blood god, one still remains who serves a different master. This knowledge has made made Mondus even more more bitter and spitefull.

Yes I once made a World Eaters (not a Khorneate one mind) sorcerer, because I could and I like me some special snowflakes. :)

Guy, without special characters the 40k universe is a bunch of miserable psychpoaths running around looking for excuses to murder people. The snowflakes are the only people worth role playing or writing stores about. As long as they're not fething ridiculous like angry marines or pretty marines or aren't grossly OP then make all the snowflakes you want.

9 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

Guy, without special characters the 40k universe is a bunch of miserable psychpoaths running around looking for excuses to murder people. The snowflakes are the only people worth role playing or writing stores about. As long as they're not fething ridiculous like angry marines or pretty marines or aren't grossly OP then make all the snowflakes you want.

Good to see you're still around! Never mind the snowflakes, have you been following what's going on with 8th edition? Guiliiman has made spacemarines 2.0! An entire Amy of snowlakes, literally bigger and better than the rest. Sigh.

I still wanna play a Haemophobic Vampire in Vampire the Masquerade tough.

Ahhhh, that trollock thendoctor was harassing me constantly then running hurt to an idiot mod when a slapped him, then that idiot mod started hitting me with warnings while ignoring his constant snipes at me. But now there's an ignore user fiction and I put both the troll and the moron on it.

I havn't posted much in a while,besides the whole GW licence going poof there are some games I still follow but haven't felt the urge to post much, (well except for a bit of lamenting about my fave clan not being in L5R anymore)

I did hear something interesting: Cubicle 7 gets to do a GW RPG. Age of Sigmar. Not sure how to feel about that... "Yay I can still play a faceless superhuman in massive armor" or "WTF kinda of masters of the universe powerwank setting is this?" https://spikeybits.com/2017/05/age-sigmar-rpg-revealed-warhammer-fest.html Wonder if FFG is mad or not.

Meanwhile I'm resiting the urge to get into 40k TT and paint a bunch of primaris marines as Horde Troopers:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor horde trooper

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor horde trooper

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor primaris marine Afbeeldingsresultaat voor primaris marine

So what's the deal with the primaris marines?

Long story short (to late!) GW had a a 10.000 year old admech character named Cawl bring back Roboute Guilliman (Sigh.) Roboute went to Terra to see his old man, took over as the defacto heir of the imperium (sigh.) and and revealed that not only had he given Cawl the orders to come and fix him up in the case of his untimley demise* (SIGH.) but also begin working on building an entire army (No concrete numbers but since SM chapter can use the new models and they are creating entire new chapters, they are probably legion strenght) of NEW and improved BIGGER and BETTER space marines! So basically what Fabiuous Bile was suposed to be doing, but actually succeeding. The new marines got extra organs (Heresy!) new bolters (fine.) and MK X power armor. (Doing a Windows by skipping the Mark IX)

So in short in the 100 years since the return of Roboute we now got a whole bunch of new chapters with new toys and they are all the size of adeptus custodes, standing a lot taller than your average space marine.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor primaris marine size comparison

Hello shorty!

Oh and they have a grav tank for their transport! (HERESY!) Okay, there was no way you could fit those big hunks into a rh1no (Not that you could fit 10 normal marine models inside a rhino model...) so a new transport besides the land raid was in order,ok but did they have to make it hover?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor new space marine tank

Whatever... still more aerodynamic than a Stormraven. ;)

Now I like the models, and as new chapters they work fine, but integrating them into the existing ones... (Especially grating with the Bangels who are cut off from half the galaxy) Also I keep wondering: do the GKs get them to? How will they fit into a dreadknight? or those Centurions?

Primaris marine: "Help I'm stuck!"

Techmarine: "I told you Dave, you new kids are to big for centurion armor."

So that's in short what I know of the new space marines in 8th edition. They have gotten a lot of interesting nicknames so far. Bigmarines, astartes 2.0, etc.

* Seriously That's some Batman level ****.

Yeah that's right: in the gathering storm Failbaddon finally destroys Cadia. Now in 8th edition it's a 100 years later and He STILL hasn't gotten to earth yet! CHAOS SPAWN HIM NOW AND LET MAGNUS AND MORTARION HAVE A GO AT IT!

So in a hundred years bubbadon hasn't conquered earth, no surprise. But the tyranids and necrons aren't as incompetent as abmoron, what have they Been doing in the ensuing century? Likewise the one competent race in the 40k universe , the tau, I would hope they had made some advances in ten decades.

Speaking of marines I was wondering if anyone tried making untouchables into marines. I'd imagine they'd be a huge pain to psy- heavy forces. Or does the imperium use all its nulls for culexes assassins?

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

From what I've read so far (and it's not much) the galaxy is cut in two by a massive warp rift (kinda like what happened in the HH novels) That can't be good. The 'nids and 'crons are still doing the same old thing. Speaking of nids, with the new bigmarines , we should be getting bigger tyrant guard to, right? The 'nids are still attacking Baal and GW hasn't retconned that Bangel/Cron aliance, Bah!

Nothing official about the untouchables. Probably a case of numbers and it not being worth to try. You'll have to look up the numbers yourself, but there's like 1 untouchable per x Million (Billion?) humans, and the odds of a human surving the implants/training to become a marine is like one in hundred or something... So you scour half the galaxy to get a hundred pariahs and then you end up with one untouchable marine. Better to make 'em Culexes. Or have them drive a titan...

Yeah you read that right! Well That's actually from the HH Forgeworld books: In Inferno we learn about the Ordo Sinister, the dread Psi-titans (mentioned way back in adeptus titanicus) Now the Sinister titans are piloted by an untouchable princeps and one of its weapons is a psychic gun/warp drive engine powered by a bunch of alpha level psykers welded into the titan. (This is also tipically for the emperor: guy sez: no psi weapons and then goes and makes 20 titans with freaky psyker weapons just for him. Git.)