What were the planned FFG expansions that we now won't see?

By TheMetal1, in Talisman

I was fortunate enough to pick up the entirety of Talisman 4th edition revised over the course of the games duration with FFG.

That being said, I suspect (well hope, wished and dreamed might be a better term!) that there were a lot more expansions planned by the FFG design team that was handleing the Talisman line.

As it is now the end of the line (for FFG at least), is there any chance we could see the official "what could have beens" that were in the works by the FFG team? Or perhaps by someone in know?

I understand if there were/are NDAs involved. Perhaps we'll still see these unknowns one day via the DE fromNomadCarl and Nomad Games. Maybe they make print form with Games Workshop or another company that gets the Liscenese from GW. If it is an NDA please let us know.

Regardless, I think it would help out the fans of the game offering them some hope for to see what came after Talisman: The Cataclysm.

Hey,

Indeed the NDAs were involved, so I doubt that you will hear anything from the playtesters. Playtesters always worked on one expansion at a time, so even if they heard and/or had knowledge about the upcoming stuff, they didn't work on it until FFG decided to release it. Also, everything the playtesters have worked on been already released by FFG, so sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't anything to share.

Ah well...one can dream.

At least there is the Community Realms project coming at some point.

Sam Bailey who did much of the work on Talisman left FFG before all this went down. Anything he had planned went with him when he left FFG.

2 hours ago, TheMetal1 said:

Ah well...one can dream.

At least there is the Community Realms project coming at some point.

...and quite soon. The speedbump over the remaining artwork has been sorted :)