2017 System Open Series Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Parattanni v. Triple crack/x7 Defenders on the final table at Kashyyyk.

Neither list for me ... ran a CPT Rex and three X-wing list and ended up 31st (which may have been the top placing predominately X-wing list; there certainly were not many there).

Is there a stream somewhere for Kashyyk?

Looking forward to seeing all at Hoth. Imperial player, so yeah, small chance to see day two

5 to go, folks!

Papa Para most be so proud.

Congrats to the winners and well fought to all.

Edited by Chumbalaya

11 minutes ago, Chumbalaya said:

5 to go, folks!

Papa Para most be so proud.

Congrats to the winners and well fought to all.

Did Parattanni win?

Edited by MajorJuggler
52 minutes ago, MajorJuggler said:

Did Parattanni win?

Think at this point it is easier to assume yes in all cases and only make changes if you hear otherwise. Might as well fill in all the ones yet to have been played as well ;)

2 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Think at this point it is easier to assume yes in all cases and only make changes if you hear otherwise. Might as well fill in all the ones yet to have been played as well ;)

I think that Dallas Parker just won it with Defenders.

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I think that Dallas Parker just won it with Defenders.

We have a report on the NOVA Squadron FB page that Parattanni won.

6 minutes ago, MajorJuggler said:

We have a report on the NOVA Squadron FB page that Parattanni won.

My bad. I saw a picture of Dallas holding a plaque in front of the System Open banners. I didn't realize that there was a plaque for second place. When I zoom in to the picture I can clearly read "If you're not first, you're last - Ricky Bobby"

Wow, so Parattanni is 3/3 then? That is quite simply astounding. @Oldpara is probably having a heart attack right now.

Ha ha, that's hilarious. I haven't really seen much direct confirmation, sounds legit to me though! :P

3 hours ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

Wow, so Parattanni is 3/3 then? That is quite simply astounding. @Oldpara is probably having a heart attack right now.

Sort of :)

I am little bit overwhelmed by the success of the list.

Hoping for community to find a counter. Working on it as well ;)

Well don't sweat - Yavin was won by Parattani only due to Rebel player fatigue (i presume) - he made really stupid boost that put Ghost into R1 of everything. If he would run like he should that could be totally different story :)

Edited by Vitalis
1 hour ago, Oldpara said:

Sort of :)

I am little bit overwhelmed by the success of the list.

Hoping for community to find a counter. Working on it as well ;)

Oh no, he's making another list. We're all doomed for sure.

This video, except 'the pigeon' is 'oldPara'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkEKVNdXn4

anyone able to provide updates from Endor System Open 3/3-3/5? any streaming?

Endor, day 1: 36-37 players. 3 Paratanni in the top 8 I think.

FB_IMG_1488640842524_zps60s8san9.jpg

11 minutes ago, balindamood said:

Endor, day 1: 36-37 players. 3 Paratanni in the top 8 I think.

Only ~36 players?

Not many people playing Rebels. Is that just a self-fulfilling prophecy?

14 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Not many people playing Rebels. Is that just a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Nine out of 36 isn't too bad. There are only 6 Imp lists up there, although those are both excluding all the players from the Neutral Zone. (Seriously, how can faction be null?)

Only 36 players??? That's really not a lot. I am starting to think to 5 system opens in the US was really to much.

Low turnout for day 1 is likely because it was Friday. Maybe numbers will be higher today. If not, that would be really disappointing for what should be a large event.

Also, Canada really needs one of these system opens, along with Australia. Any of the big cities in Canada could match these numbers at the very least.

56 minutes ago, AssortedNeedles said:

Only 36 players??? That's really not a lot. I am starting to think to 5 system opens in the US was really to much.

Its because to attend the event you had to buy an Emerald City Comic Con pass. The pass itself was $110, so that plus the $40 dollar entry fee and you are looking at $150 to play X-wing. Now if you wanted to attend the Comic Con and play X-wing it works out, but if you just wanted to attend the tournament you are paying a lot.

I really hope they don't do it like this again.

Edited by Jo Jo

2 Alaskans in the top 8 of day 1! Go aurora squadron!

1 hour ago, AssortedNeedles said:

When compared to almost 400 at Yavin, it really is. Hell, there were 130+ players at a Regional in November. Although, I've seen concerns over the price of entry for not just this System Open, but the event it was run at.

I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of players - both in the US and internationally - who would love to attend a System Open event, but have been priced out due to event/travel/accommodation/time costs. Maybe having these events alongside a big show is not the way to go?

Lets wait and see if Day 2 is any different. The other system opens weren't all that small and I'd expect Hoth to be pretty big.

Edited by AlexW