Sea Neon and new Magic

By ChristiantheCloakedSchemer, in Rules Discussions

The new Magic cards that are remakes say that is Magic/Attack. Does this mean a Sea Neon in play shuts down Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder Magic?

...that's actually a very valid question. I haven't seen one of these in a while.

PS How did nobody else notice this?

*bump*

This is a very valid question, and it's been a week. No commments?

Because it got answered months ago somewhere.

Seebeeay to dig out thread.

I know if you're using the old Magic cards before they gained their /Attack accoutrement then they definitely do bypass Sea Neon. As for the Magic/Attack equivalents, I believe that they still work because they're only half cancelled or something like that.

I don't know about getting answered before now...I just didn't comment cause I honestly didn't know how to answer it.

If I were to make an educated guess? The old ones wouldn't be, but the new ones would because they say Magic/ Attack

I found it in a early thread, just search for Sea Neon and scroll down a bit. Choitz said that Sea Neon would not affect them.

So which is it? I mean if we go by the card text, then the New Magic would indeed be stopped.
However, knowing FFG as they were, they probably only added the "/Attack" because of the confusion that adding Magic to challenges caused. And trying to go via FFG logic, they woulda said similar to Troth, "they're not REALLY attack so Sea Neon doesn't affect them" or somethin

Querry: Has anyone check'd the rulebook on the matter?

I would have to agree: FFG tried makin somethin new outta somethin original, just to stop people from addin the questions of 'can I this? Can I that?', 'n ended up screwin up another fundamental portion of the game.

They are just magic cards. Nothin more, nothin less. You can add them to your attack value if you use them to challenge your opponent.

Why does it say attack? How many people do we know forgot to give the rulebook a once more over just to clarify if we could use the magic cards in a challenge. I remember wonderin that myself, until I read through the rulebook, specifically around the 'magic' section.

Matter of fact, I'll quote the whole magic part from the rulebook:

"4. Magic Cards

Magic Cards represent the magical spells the player and his/her companions may use. The Magic Value of Player Cards, Friend Cards, and Magic/Friend Cards are used to bring Magic Cards into play.

Magic Cards provide a variety of benefits: Some cause damage to an opponent's cards (Magic/Attack), while others are played to recover Heart Points or alter the state of the game in some way (Magic). When playing a Magic Card, a player should place it on his/her play mat until its effects have worn off, then discard it."

As you may note in the second paragraph, magic/attack cards are still classified as magic cards overall. Sea Neon will not stop these cards.

they shudda just made it "Magic/Support" It would have cleared up the "Can they be used in Challenges?" question as well as stopped questions like this from happening

devilmonkey said:

they shudda just made it "Magic/Support" It would have cleared up the "Can they be used in Challenges?" question as well as stopped questions like this from happening

Well after reading the rulebook it seems like they didn't add the "/Attack" to try and clarify the challenge issue, they added it to divide Magic cards into two groups like they do with "Friends" and "Magic/Friends"....

So then if we compared "Magic vs Magic/Attack" and "Friend vs Magic/Friend" then what would Sebastian do to Magic/Attack cards?

Looking at it from that point of view...I'd say if it's used to "Attack" or deal damage to something then Sebastian makes it 0...if not, then he does nothing to it.

....or maybe he just makes them asplode...

....FFG can go right to hell with this crap, seriously.

I'm just goin to say no.

It's a magic card. It will always be a magic card. It can have support, attack, tech, friend, player, or whatever afterwards, but it will always be a magic card.

'N this is why I believe particular erratas ought be made.